HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Can't Stop Crying and Anger Outbursts - Help! Can't Stop Crying and Anger Outbursts - Help!

Unread 03-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Can't Stop Crying and Anger Outbursts - Help!

I am in my third week of TAH/BOH and have what I previously would have described as extreme PMS. I can't stop crying and feeling very depressed and sad, even hopeless. I get 'honkerblonky' at people for the stupidest things and later realize how unreasonable this was. The only time in the past when I have been this emotionally out-of-control, is during PMS.
My Dr. does have me on a hormone patch, but I feel it has done no good. I've called several times about it, and his staff relays to me that he thinks I should give a few weeks. I can't accept this. I can't keep on feeling like this. I have left another message asking that the Dr. call me himself.
I need to get these emotions settled before I get to work. If I am like this at work, my career will be harmed, as unfortunately, being 'emotional' is viewed as weakness in the corporate world. I just can't risk leading a meeting only to find myself suddenly in a crying jag. I am afraid the Dr. won't hear me. I am giving it one more try, though.
Has anyone else had this trouble after surgery? Did anything help you and what was it that did?
Help!
Unread 03-15-2006, 03:57 PM

awwww, sweetie, hang in there..... I'm so sorry your are feeling like this, and to feel your doctor isn't "HEARING" you only add's to the frustration. Sounds like you need to take a long, relaxing walk?
Clear the head ~ and center your focus on your recovery. Set a goal to
where you want to be in the next 2 weeks, then attain each goal.
One step at a time dear..... you can do it!!!

I am only 16 weeks post-op, I don't want any "hormones" and trying to
endure the process "naturally" ~ everyone around me has stated that
I'm a whole new woman (I was in pain, crazy mean & hurtful to those I love and care for, prior to my surgery) Now I can see the Sun Shine!
I have my "life back" (without pain) and it is wonderful to awake & face each day with a new found vigor.

It will come, so you hang in there ~ Better days ahead!!!
Bless Your Heart.... (smile)
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:41 PM

It does sound to me like your body is still adjusting. I know it's difficult, but I do think you will improve in time. It's just hard to be patient! I remember worrying so much too-- that I'd never be able to go back to work or function again--but I did, and you will too, it just takes time. Give yourself permission to let your body heal and adjust to all it's been through. I think you'll be surprised how much better you'll feel in a few more weeks-- yes, you'll have some set backs too, but just be good to yourself in the meantime. :timeup: Worrying about it is only adding more stress, take care, zanylynn
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Nice to hear from others

It's so nice to get some positive feedback from others.

I'm still wondering, if anyone else out there had the uncontrollable weeps like I have them.
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:05 PM

I have both my ovaries, and I was crying over little or nothing for the first three weeks, and got absolutely furious a couple of times during that period for very little. It was so embarassing.

It did end though, and before the six week mark when my ovaries were supposed to come out of shock.

Debbie
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:07 PM

I do remember crying & being very emotional for several weeks after my surgery! I also had some big time arguements with my husband too, which was pretty unusual for us, we normally don't argue much! Again, now that I look back, it was all hormone & healing related, I'm sure! I wish I could say some magic words to help you feel better! Just realize that by the time you go back to work you will be feeling better and even if you do still have some emotional times, you WILL survive and get through them! Hey, you just went through major surgery!!!! zanylynn
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:43 PM

Hello I think I know exactly what you mean. I am almost 4 months post-op and sometimes all I want to do is cry. I also have to have another surgery to snip the tvt , which makes me really angry and weepy I have decided that hrt is not for me so I went to a health food store and spoke with a wonderful girl there and what she recommended has helped so much. I take a couple caps when I feel the tears coming and they really help.
Unread 03-16-2006, 07:21 AM

Hi sweetheart don't worry you are not alone feeling like you do. I am on the hormone patches to but i get so upset i cry, yell, and when i am alone i let it all out. I have found that it makes me feel better to let it out. You my need to be angry and cry don't hold it in that is part of healing. Remeber your body has been through alot it is ok it will take time before you feel like your old self again. My heart goes out to you because i feel the same way. P.S. i am here if you need to talk.
Unread 03-16-2006, 07:39 AM

Hi, In the early part of my recovery i started getting very emotional. I just leaned over my bed and sobbed..My insides hurt because i cried so hard. I called the nurse and she told me to think about a med to help me. I didnt want to result to the med so i waited a couple of days to see how i would do...I ended up calling the nurse back LOL..After 4 days of doing nothing but crying at the drop of a hat and being sooo hateful UGH. I am now on Lexapro and i have cried maybe once or twice in the past month & a 1/2. But i still have one ovary and didnt need the hormones so?I would say if you arent happy with the way you are feeling and they arent listening to you over the phone. I would make an appointment to talk to the Dr. in person..

Good luck to you, and i hope you start feeling better soon!
Amber
Unread 03-16-2006, 07:41 AM

Oh Dear! Give yourself a break. It's okay to cry. I dreaded going back to work (waitress). I worked myself up for nothing. Relax, pamper yourself...eat chocolate (worked for me). I felt like I didn't know myself anymore and out of control, but I'm getting to know myself again..different...but OK. Hang in there, it really does get better every day. Hard to believe at this moment, but true. Take of you!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.