Switched from Climara, To BIEST CAPS THEN TO BIEST CREAM QUESTION | No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Switched from Climara, To BIEST CAPS THEN TO BIEST CREAM QUESTION Switched from Climara, To BIEST CAPS THEN TO BIEST CREAM QUESTION

Unread 03-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Switched from Climara, To BIEST CAPS THEN TO BIEST CREAM QUESTION

Hi,
I am new to this site. I had a total hysterectomy on 9-8-00, due to uterine cancer, no ovaries. Did not start hrt replacement until Sept. 04 which was Climara which I was able to go up to 0.075. I was still not feeling well. Alot of anxiety, depression, crying, not wanting to leave the house or go anywhere. I changed doctors because the Dr. I was seeing told me I need a shrink. I need my hormones balanced. I went to the new Dr. he did testing and found out my thryoid is low, my adrenals are low and my hormones. We are working on all. I just started the biest caps on March 1, but was having stomach problems. I stopped that on March 18, and stated the biest cream.
My question is I have been waking up with headaches and a sore upper back Is this my body adjusting to the hormones?? Also he started me on progestrone cream to see if that will help with my anxiety.
How long should I give my body to adjust to the creams??
Any input would really help. I have been struggling since my surgery. I am not me at all!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 02:52 PM

Hi to Hystersisters

It is a good rule of thumb is to give any change a couple of weeks to a month for your body to adjust to the changes and allow the hormones to fully get in your system.

The creams can take alittle more adjusting in the beggining. Where you are applying the creams may help make a difference to the rate of absorption. I have found that the inner thighs work best for my Bi-est cream. When I applied it anywhere else, it absorb much quicker and I ran out of estrogen sooner.

The application sites should be rotated for best results. I use one thigh in the morning and the other thigh in the evening. Also using the Bi-est cream twice a day has helped me tremendously. When I first started I was only applying the full dose in the mornings and found I would feel low estrogen symptoms by evening. So I split the dose in half and use it 12 hours apart. Estradiol goes through our system in approximately 8-12 hours.

I also had to have the strength of my cream adjusted 3 times before I found a dose that worked well for me. It took alot of patience in the beginning, about 6 months for complete balance but I did notice improvement each day. I have been using my hormones in a cream for 3 years and love the ability to adjust them as neccessary.

The progesterone I found works better on areas that are thin skinned such as the upper inner arms. Since this is the first time you are adding the progesterone cream, it may be a good idea to start with just your bi-est for a week and find a dose that you feel good on. Then after you feel pretty balanced with the estrogen, you can add the progesterone.

It can also be helpful to keep a daily journal and learn how your body responds to each of the hormones and which symptoms have improved or which symptoms have become worse.

I know it was helpful for me because I wasn't sure if my anxiety and insomnia were from low estrogen or low progesterone. I used my Bi-est in the beggining and almost all my symptoms went away except the anxiety, low energy, low libido and insomnia. Then I added in the progesterone cream and I started sleeping great and my anxiety attacks vanished.

Then I decided to try testosterone cream for the low libido and energy level. Once those were relatively gone, I knew I found balance.

Here is a link that may be helpful to know what symptoms may be from being high or low in a certain hormone.

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_97238.htm

You can see from the list that headaches can be from either low estrogen/low progesterone and some women even say they get headaches when their estrogen is high. That is why it is soooo helpful to know which hormones are responsible for each of your symptoms and what dose is best at controlling those symptoms.

Unread 03-21-2006, 03:01 PM

Thank you troubletabby for the information. I just need works of encouragement. It get frustrating. I just want to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Judy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register