HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Adenomyosis

my nurse told me today that my pathology report came back with invasive adenomyosis as well as severe endometriosis. Nothing we did not suspect but the endo was much worse than we thought it would be. Hopefully leaving my ovaries is not going to be a bad decision! (Can cause endo to come back) Hugs Raymo
Unread 03-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Adenomyosis

wow you guys..i thought i just had fibroids (we KNOW that part from the ultrasound) but i am in so much pain every day now that the doctor told me yesterday at the pre-op that they think i have adeno, and yes, no diagnosis until the hysterectomy takes it out. i am with you guys on the constant pain and brown discharge. i am on day 9 of my period right now, but last two days are just brown discharge..
Unread 03-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi ladies,

My adenomyosis showed up on an MRI. I have the MRI report and it describes its location and depth and breadth. My doctor sent me for an MRI after hearing my symptoms andd seeing my ultrasound.

I have heavy, clotty periods the sometimes gush like someone has turned a faucet on (usually accompanied by clots.) my periods are long 10-14 days and usually come 10-14 days apart, so I'm bleeding or spotting almost constantly, at least it feels like that. Some cramping, but it's not too bad. I feel bloated and sometimes have nausea and a lot of back pain. It's getting progressively worse and I will probably get a hysterectomy in the near future. I can live with pain, but the bleeding really cramps my style (no pun intended!)I've also become anemic from the heavy period.

Hope this helps. You're not alone.
Unread 03-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Adenomyosis

I have just been diagnosed with adeno also (only last week). My periods were getting extremely heavy along with huge blood clots. I have only been experiencing the cramping for the past 3 periods. Nothing that I took would relieve it. I have never had a baby but kept saying to my dh that these pains have to be like labour and then I felt like such a sook, as I could'nt cope with the pain. Went to the gyno and he did a internal ultrasound for the diagnosis.

Can I ask the approximate age of the ladies on this site with adenomyosis? I am 40.
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Adenomyosis

Oh yeah.. I forgot about the huge clots.. Gosh who could forget that!

Lev,
"tell-tale" came from how the blood eventually exits the body. With adeno, IF it can exit, it does it so slowly that it becomes "old" and brown before you ever see it.
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Adenomyosis

czardas, can I ask how you were "diagnosised?" Everything I have read says that only after the hyster can it be diagnosised. I have an appointment with my gyn tomorrow and I am almost sure that this is my problem. Hope I can convince him. Really need to get this "done" before we leave the states for four years the end of June.
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi 4andnomore,

Purely diagnosed with an internal ultrasound. I have read many times that only MRI is the answer to correct diagnosis. My gyno showed me the area on the ultra sound that was effected, my list of symptons are in line with andenomyosis and the uteris is boggy and enlarged. So I guess I have to trust his judgment. Whether it is correct or not, I am really (call me weird) looking forward to the op. I just don't want to go through the heavy periods and now the pain that i have started to have, anymore.
Unread 03-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Adenomyosis

Well, I've had my surgery and my path. report stated that I had fibroids and severe adenomyosis. My dr. suspected the adeno. during my ultrasound, but couldn't confirm it. He said my uterus felt "soft and boggy", a sign of adenomyosis because if it was just fibroids (which I had a bunch of those), the uterus would be harder. I feel "vindicated" for having my uterus removed because my life has been a complete turn-around! I used to have long periods (7-9 days, sometimes longer) and heavy bleeding (with those big ugly clots that you all know about) and severe pain that just laid me out horizontally. I'm glad I don't work outside of my home because 10 days of the month I was a physical/emotional wreck. The pain felt like someone was cutting me with a knife and worse than childbirth. I also had severe back pain. But I'm happy to report that all these symptoms are gone and life is good again.

Thank you for this post because I never associated the last couple of days of my period with that ugly brown discharge to be connected with adenomyosis. Heck, I didn't even know what adenomyosis was two months ago. But my dr. said that my symptoms were pretty classic adeno. but he needed a biopsy/path. report to confirm it.

And, Lev, I was having a lot of nausea the last month before my surgery which was getting worse. I didn't think that it was connected with my sick uterus but it must of been because now I'm nausea-free.

Best wishes on all your upcoming surgeries and your new lease on life!
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Adenomyosis

My doc said I may have adenomyosis,but never confirmed it.WE shall see when I get my hyster.But I too have the brown discharge.Well I am on the Lupron now so no periods except last month it dicided to come for a visit even though its not supposed to but the brown disscharge shows up all the time. Also I have back pain,and I sometimes get the feeling like I have been sucker punched right in the gut.And cramps pretty much always. Jess
Unread 03-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Adenomyosis

I have all the same symtoms. My shortest period that I have had since I started at age 13 was 5 days and that was only one. Generally, mine are 7-16 days and my cycles are between 16 - 23 days. I've always had mild cramping, but nothing major until about 4 years ago. Now every cycle is extremely painful and it lasts well beyond. In the past 3 months, I've had maybe 5 days total with no pain. Lower back pain is a constant and I was told by a previous GP that it was because I was so over weight. At the time, I was only 5 lbs over my ideal weight, so I wasn't too thrilled with that. Clots, yes. worst was softball size, average size is about golfball. Pain during intercourse, yep, have that too.

My doctor diagnosed me by symptoms and when he did a transvaginal ultrasound, he saw the 'folds' in my uterus where the blood was 'pooling' and declared to me that I was in a lot of pain. Like I needed him to tell me that.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.