Prolapse repair in 1 month What ?s to ask before | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapse repair in 1 month What ?s to ask before Prolapse repair in 1 month What ?s to ask before

Unread 03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Prolapse repair in 1 month What ?s to ask before

I am having my second cystocele and rectocele repair on April 24th. My preop appointment is coming up soon. I have been so focused on trying to find the cause/cure for the right sided abdominal pain I have been having that I haven't really had much time to prepare a list of questions for the Uro/Gyn. The Dr will be using mesh for the rectocele and he will perform the standard suture repair for the cystocele. Can you all help me prepare a list so I'll be prepared for my appointment?
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2006, 12:13 PM

Hi Michelle,
Wow it's finally coming up - you have been waiting for so long. I would ask what kind of mesh, absorbable or synthetic. If synthetic what are the chances of rejection. Is he using a different kind of sutures than the last surgery (since they came out early). What kind of sitting will you be able to do and lifting - for how long do you have restrictions. How long can you expect these repairs to last?
I assume they are doing this vaginally? Do you have to stay in the hospital - for how long?
I wish you the best of luck with this procedure - I only hope this is your final surgery for prolapse. Hugs to you. Do keep me posted everything - you know inquiring minds.......
Unread 03-31-2006, 07:29 PM

Hi Bowlinggrl!! Thanks for the helpful questions. I'm trying to prepare a list to take with me. I had Urodynamics testing today. This was my third test in the past year so you think I'd be a pro by now but I have had the testing done by 3 different offices and each one does it a little differently. The nurse gave me some information about the restrictions. I was absolutely amazed!! No lifting any more than 5 pounds. I can't even lift a gallon of milk or my purse for that matter! My last surgery I had a 10 pound weight limit. I can't be on my feet for more than 1-2 hours, I can't even load or unload the dishwasher.
And to think I'm leaving in 6 days to go on a relaxing cruise to come home and relax somemore.
I'll let you know more after my preop visit. 's
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2006, 08:38 PM

Michelle,
Oh darn, you can't do dishes - so sad. There has to be some benefits - lol. My friend was telling me about her restrictions and your new ones sound more in line with hers. Her doctor basically wanted everything to heal before she was upright - so she layed around for 8 weeks. I plan on following the same if and when I ever get anything fixed. Sounds like this new doc is a keeper. Have a great time on your cruise (can I stow away in your suitcase?) I'm just envious. Do keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register