HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sharp pain in nipple area Sharp pain in nipple area

Unread 04-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Unhappy - Sharp pain in nipple area Sharp pain in nipple area

I don't know if this is cause for concern, but I suddenly felt a sharp piercing pain in my left nipple as if a pin got stuck there or something. When I checked the nipple appear somewhat red & is sensitive to the touch. I applied some vitamin e oil in case it's an irritation of some sort, but I must say the sudden impact of it all scared me. Does anyone know if this is cause for alarm? I recently had a breast ultrasound & was told there was nothing to worry about, but will be seen in 6 months for a follow-up screening.
Unread 04-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Sharp pain in nipple area

(((Mori))) if it doesn't happen again, I'd assume it was nothing to be concerned about, since you are already being thoroughly checked in that area. I get those types of pains occasionally, and find that when I put my progesterone cream on, they go away.

s,
-Linda
Unread 04-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Thanks surferbabe. I used Vitamin E Oil for a few days & the irritation appears to be gone.
Unread 04-29-2006, 10:31 AM

Did the pain shoot up from the breast into the nipple? I have expeirenced this a couple times - the first time was 2 days before surgery and I thought it was a panic attack. But it has happened a couple of times in the past 10 days since surgery. Oh and this is on my left breast and nipple area only. The other morning it was redder than the right. Am I looking too hard? Or should I be concerned. The breast that showed suspicious finding was the right.
Thanks!
Unread 04-30-2006, 12:35 AM

Hi, I don't really know much about your symptoms & was told in my case that if it didn't happen again I shouldn't be concerned. Maybe it was just an irritation. Maybe you should mention it to your doctor if it happens often.
Unread 06-03-2006, 03:22 PM

Caffeine used to give me sharp pains in that area.
Unread 07-30-2006, 06:06 PM

I go in for a TAH on 8/29. In March I had a surgical biopsy on my right breast. Now I'm having nipple pain (not severe, tho) in that breast. It worries me too, I'll admit.
The pain doesn't seem to shoot from or to anywhere else.
Unread 07-31-2006, 02:09 AM

This is too weird! I had the same shooting pain in my left breast. It hurt so bad. Sort of like with PMS, my boobs were pretty swollen and full and without much pressure, my nipples passed both clear fluid & milky-green fluids, for a couple of days.
Scared the hell out of me but it has gone away. I did some research on the web and sometimes hormones causes discharge from the breast... Thats what I'm leaning towards and unless it gets worse I'm leaving it alone for now.
Keep in touch...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.