HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Bleeding 8 years after complete hysterectomy! Bleeding 8 years after complete hysterectomy!

Unread 04-07-2006, 06:52 AM
Bleeding 8 years after complete hysterectomy!

I had a complete vaginal hysterectomy (uterus, ovaries, cervix, fallopian tubes, etc.,) in 1997. For over a year I have been bleeding vaginally. It would only happen when my husband and I made love but recently I have been bleeding without having sex. The pain during intercourse is EXCRUTIATING! My husband is too scared to touch me now. I have been to doctors and they dont seem to know why this is happening to me. It is starting to scare me. I am tired all the time, even when I get plenty of sleep. Has anyone out there experienced this and if so can you share with me what you did to solve your problem? Thanks.
Unread 04-07-2006, 06:57 AM

I Have No Ideas! I Do Send Hugs, And Prayers For Persistance In Getting Your Problems Solved. Good Luck And Strength To You Girl!
Unread 04-07-2006, 07:03 AM

{{Sunkissed}} Please talk to your doctors again. Something is not right if you are bleeding like this.

Sometimes if you keep your cervix you can have mini-periods, but you state you've had yours removed.

Give the doctor another call. Don't take no as an answer. Be persistant till you find a cause for this bleeding.

Take care and let us know what you find out.
Unread 04-07-2006, 07:12 AM

Hi Sunkissed,

I'm sorry you are having this problem and I really think you need to persist with your doctor until you receive an answer for it. I really don't think this should be happening and perhaps it's time to seek another opinion.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope it all resolves quickly for you.

Take care..........Karen
Unread 04-07-2006, 07:29 AM

(((Sunkissed1964)))
I agree with the others it is time to press your dr for an answer and perhaps to seek a second opinion. Please don't settle for "I don't know".
There are things that cause bleeding this far post op and your dr should be checking them all if he hasn't. Here is an article that talks about bleeding after a hyst and what some of the reason are when it happens long after. http://www.wdxcyber.com/nbleed13.htm
You don't say what kind of hrt you are using if any. Without your ovaries you could be experiencing vaginal dryness. When this gets bad enough you can have this pain with intercourse and have the bleeding.
Your dr really should be able to address all these questions for you.
Welcome to Hystersisters! I hope you find the answers you need so you can overcome this. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with it.
's,Rita

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.