HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Uterus Growing back?? Uterus Growing back??

Unread 04-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Uterus Growing back??

I had hysterectomy June of 2004. My overaries and tubes were left. I have had bladder problems ever since. Anyways, I had an IVP last month and it confirmed that I had kidney stones, and possible spongy kidney's, can't remember what the medical term was. But as I was talking to the urologist about the report on my kidney's. He mentioned in the report that they had seen the right side of my uterus. What??? Umm I don't have a uterus. So now I have to go to the GYN to see what is the deal there.. There is no way a uterus can grow back, is there? my urologist mentioned that some tissue could have grown there.. Every now and then I get cramping on my right side. Anyone hear of anything such thing? Mandy
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Uterus Growing back??

mdono:
Never heard of such a thing. Please keep us posted. Let's hope it's nothing. Very curious???
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Uterus Growing back??

wow i hope it didn't do that but the body is a magnificent thing and can do some pretty imaginable stuff, let us know
Unread 04-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Uterus Growing back??

mdono: I have heard of a slight regrowth where the uterus was. And believe it or not some things do grow back. I had my Appendix removed in 1996/it did have a small rupture and made me really sick. With all the testing I have been through in the last 9 mos., I was told that my appendix looked good. I looked at the dr like he head two heads. I said that can't be it was removed. He calmly said Oh they can grow back-not completely but more then a stub??? As well as ovaries,tonsils and who knows what.....GOOD LUCK
Unread 04-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Uterus Growing back??

Hi (((mdono))) The uterus, being a muscle, does not grow back after it is removed, the way glandular tissue like ovaries, tonsils, adenoids, etc. can. Endometriosis (abnormal growth of the endometrium outside of the uterus) can also re-grow after it's removed, if there are even just a few cells left behind; but I don't see anything in your prior posts about endometriosis. However, I notice that you had your hyst for fibroids. It is possible for fibroids to grow on the vaginal cuff; perhaps what they are seeing is a large fibroid on your cuff, shaped like part of a uterus?

s,
-Linda
Unread 04-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Uterus Growing back??

mdono

I've never heard of this either & am curious with your result from your Gyn. Keep us posted.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway