HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Dry skin on nipple area? Dry skin on nipple area?

Unread 04-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Red face - Dry skin on nipple area? Dry skin on nipple area?

Hi,

This might seem like a pathetic question, but for the last 5yrs I have suffered with dry peeling skin on one of my nipples. Because my mother died of breast cancer at the age of 48yrs, I have had various checks mammos etc. and when I ask doctors they tell me to use cream to moisture the nipple and its nothing to worry about, but it is so annoying and itchy. Do any of you ladies have something similar and can recommend a cream to get rid of this?

I have tried a steroid cream but this makes the problem worse. (I do know this can be a sign of breast cancer but in my case the doctor has reassured me it is not)

Sorry to bother you about this but I am sick of it and my GP thinks I'm wasting her time.

Best wishes

Francine 8
Unread 04-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Dry skin on nipple area?

Hi Francine 8

I seem to remember having that at one time and I pulled all the dry skin off (gross, I know!).

Seriously, though, have you tried E45? It's fabulous stuff ... comes in lotions, tubes and tubs. There is also one for itchy skin and also one with the tiniest % of hydrocortisone in it ... would have to be as you can actually buy it over the counter at the chemist, and isn't as harsh as a full-blown steroid cream.

It must be really annoying ...

Hope this helps.

Unread 04-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Smile - Dry skin on nipple area? E45 Cream.

Hi Pooodle,

Thanks for the info on the cream, I knew I wasn't the only lady to have this problem, I will go out and buy some.

If you don't mind me asking, what symptoms were you getting with that enormous fibroid and how long did it take to get that big? I keep having nightmares about mine, I am too frightened to have them investigated unless they are bigger than I think. I am not having many bad symptoms from them you have probably seen my posts (irregular periods,slight bladder pressure and slightly bigger tummy but no pain to complain of yet!)

Thanks again (This is a great site)

Best wishes

Francine 8
Unread 04-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Dry skin on nipple area?

The detergent you use when washing your bras may exasperate or even cause the problem.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.