HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Do adhesions show up on an ultrasound? Do adhesions show up on an ultrasound?

Unread 04-28-2001, 05:40 PM
Do adhesions show up on an ultrasound?

Hello sisters....I had a TAH Jan 2000 ended losing my left ovary due to cyst and endo...when I woke up I had more pain on my right side...and 4 mths later still do...so I went back to my doctor last week..had an ultrasound...got the call Friday that I have a questionable mass on my right side....could that be adhesions? If there was a mass there in Jan..surely my doctor would have seen it during surgery. I'm really scared..I go back Monday morning. Thanks for reading.
Paula
Unread 04-28-2001, 06:25 PM

Hi Paula,
Your story sounds similiar to what I went through
First to answer your question about Adhesions, no they usually dont show up on any imaging test unless they are constricting something which would just show the constriction. Sometimes they will if they are very dense. I had a TAH 15 months ago and was continuing to have a lot of right sided pain. My Doc ordered and Transvaginal US and it revealed a large mass on my right ovary. I had a Lap a week later to find out what this unknown mass was. Turned out it was Adhesions that were adhering my ovary to the vaginal cuff It was also covered in multiple blood filled cysts and twice its normal size so it was removed. Having a second surgery so soon after is very scarey but it needs to be checked out. Here is a great site where you can learn more about Adhesions WWW.Adhesions.org
Please keep us posted and know you have many prayers from your Sisters
Unread 04-30-2001, 04:00 PM

Hi there, from what I can gather from your post, you still have your right ovary right? So it could be an ovarian cyst or an adhesion on your ovary.........usually the only way to see adhesions unless they are very dense is with a laprascope, please let us know what the dr says on Monday and try not to be scared.....we're here for ya

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.