HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

tilted, enlarged uterus tilted, enlarged uterus

Unread 05-03-2006, 04:44 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

When I went for a sonogram they could not see any details of my uterus. Apparently it was very enlarged and tilted. I had been bleeding for 20 days at the time of the sonogram and continued for a total of 33 days. Surgery is scheduled for May 15.
Unread 05-03-2006, 05:24 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

I hope the surgery will get you back to feeling better. My life has changed so much, for the better since having surgery. My uterus was tilted also, it was that way all my life. I was bleeding constantly also. It is such a relief to not thave to worry about that anymore. I have gained some weight but that is a small price to pay for how much better I feel. Hugs- Cath
Unread 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

Thanks for the well wishes. Glad to hear the surgery did make a difference in how you feel.
Unread 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

I also had a really big uterus that was tilted because of the fibroids. My dr wasn't even able to get a tissue sample to test for endometrial cancer because of the tilt. Good luck with your surgery. I wasn't sorry to lose my uterus. It was very distorted and not getting any smaller.
Unread 05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

I had a severely tilted uterus as well and since my surgery I have had NO back pain at all! WAHOOO!!!! Good luck and see you on post op! Hugs Raymo
Unread 05-03-2006, 08:00 PM
i hope this works

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73challenger
When I went for a sonogram they could not see any details of my uterus. Apparently it was very enlarged and tilted. I had been bleeding for 20 days at the time of the sonogram and continued for a total of 33 days. Surgery is scheduled for May 15.
Hello, i hope i'm doing this correctly. but i wish you all the best. mine is may 23rd and i'm so scared.
Unread 05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

I asked for a mini tuck as well, how did that go for you? My doctor said he would try but might not be able to accomplish much...wondering how that went for others
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:00 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

with the sonogram they were not able to see anything, my doctor is certain that their are fibroids, I'm wondering if they could detect your fibroids with the sonogram? This is all new to me, the closer my big day gets, the more confused i get
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:10 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

Hi, my doc was not able to see fibroids on my sonogram either, but mine were actually small ones - not too small to cause a ton of bleeding, though! A lot of times they just don't know what they're going to find until they actuallly get in there as an ultrasound only shows so much. My uterus was completely fused to my bladder, and you'd think they would have been able to see that on the ultrasound, but no. Don't worry, this will all be over soon and then you can look forward to a brand new life that doesn't revolve around pain and bleeding! Good luck to you.

Unread 05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
tilted, enlarged uterus

Thank you. I have been worried that maybe I was rushing into this surgery. If they can't see IT, IT must just be in my head. My husband, who is wonderful, sometimes has a hard time understanding. I mean I can't explain exactly what the problem is..you know? He's kind of a its either black or white, no gray area...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.