HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

spotting 3 months after a hysterectomy spotting 3 months after a hysterectomy

Unread 05-05-2006, 09:55 PM
spotting 3 months after a hysterectomy

It's been awhile since I've posted. I am 3 months out from a hysterectomy, kept my ovaries. All is pretty well, but today I have experenced something weird and was wondering if this has happened to any one else. I spotted very, very slightly and noticed a very small clot. Is this a normal thing, should I be worried. My normal cycle was usually around the end of the month. Any advice would be helpful, Thanks in advance
Unread 05-06-2006, 01:17 PM

Miss Rosa, I would call your doctor and let him know..it certainly doesn't sound right..I have never heard of that unless you may have a UTI. I would definitely call and get it checked out.
Sherry
Unread 05-06-2006, 01:54 PM

miss rosa, I am not sure about having a clot come out. I think you should call your doctor, and they can probably tell you on the phone if this is a problem or not. It may be nothing to worry about, but better safe than sorry.
Unread 05-06-2006, 03:41 PM

Hi Miss Rosa
I agree you should call. Chances are you have some granulation that might need treated. It'll be best to get it checked out. Let us know waht you find out.
's,Rita
Unread 05-07-2006, 07:19 AM

I started spotting at 6 weeks post op and it lasted for 6 weeks. Sometimes it would be pinkish brown in colour and on odd ocasions it was deeper with small clots.

I had a TAH and suffered internal bleeding afterwards. When I asked where it was coming from the consultant said it was probably seeping out through the skin where the top of the vaginal cuff was stitched. I found this hard to beleive but she knows better than me so didnt argue!!

Hope all is well when you get this checked out.

Wendy

TAH age 55 18 x 16 cms tumour outside womb. Fibroids inside. Internal bleeding after Op, blood transfusion of 10 units
Unread 05-07-2006, 12:05 PM

wendy -- did you have the internal bleeding at 6 weeks? was that the spotting you are talking about? and the spotting required 10 units of blood transfusion? Or was that a different thing?
Unread 05-07-2006, 05:45 PM
spotting at 4 months

I thought I was long done with spotting... in fact, I had actually gone 3-4 days without thinking about my TAH/BSO when suddenly, wham! I had pain lower belly pain and spotting (very slight - only on the TP) on Friday. Thinking back - I had been feeling so good that I didn't think twice when I picked up my five year old to move him from my bed to his. It's frustrating to think that you are totally back to normal - and then your body lets you know that you're not. Thanks goodness for this site that let's you know you're not alone.

I hope that your spotting is simply your body giving you a signal to slow down. Good luck.
Unread 05-08-2006, 09:10 AM

Hi there,

In answer to your question.

The blood transfusion was due to internal bleding immediately after surgery.

The spotting was not related to this and started 6 weeks after the op. It lasted 6 weeksstarting off pinkish brown and sometimes I lost very small clots.

It has cleared up now.

Wendy
Unread 05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Spotting after three months

Thanks to you all for your concerns and helpful thoughts. I did call the Doc. and she was not concerned, since it only happened once and the spotting was so very, very light. I think for me I forget I'm still in the recovery phase and sometimes I go way overboard trying to do to much. I guess our bodies let us know when to slow down, God Bless to you all.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.