LSH - My Time in the Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH - My Time in the Castle LSH - My Time in the Castle

Unread 05-07-2006, 08:39 AM
LSH - My Time in the Castle

Well I went in May 4th...got there 30 minutes early than my appointed time..but as soon as 9:30 rolled around they called my name. Then I was met by 2 wonderful nurses, who loved the fact that I was so short..(I'm 4'9"). One nurse took me in the small Day surgery room and told me to pee in the cup(hard to do when you haven't had water for 9.5 hours), then get undressed, and get in the bed. She then put on those massaging leg things. The other nurse came in and poked me 2 times and finally found a vein(they always have trouble with my veins).
After that they called in my hubby, Sil, and MIL.
I met the anethisiologist(Msp)..he was nice and they gave me some feel good meds...30 minutes later..my doctor came in and said it was almost time and to not worry about a thing it would last for 2 hours.
So then the OR nurse came to get me..she was friend of mine and I was thrilled to know she was there.
When we got to the OR..they put warm blankets on me, and then put the mask on me..I went to la-la land.
It took longer than 2 hours..it took 4 hours and it worried my hubby..but they called at the 2nd hour to say that I was fine but found more than they bargained for.
He took pictures and printed them out in color and took my hubby,SIL, and MIL to a holding room and told them what he found and done.
My uterus was attached to my fat pad..everyone has a fat pad over their tummy..that is why I hurt there all the time and I was swollen there all the time. Then I had adhesions pulling my bladder to the side, he took care of that. But the worst was my uterus itself..even if I didn't have fibroids..he said it was so damaged, he needed to get rid of it for that alone. My body was attacking my uterus..it had holes all in it..that was why I had painful periods.
I had a good night there..every nurse was sweet and very caring. I got a bad headache and nausea..but they took care of that. Everyone said I was so funny..I'll tell about all that later..
I'm still swollen..even my face, but I have always held water in my body..but I'm drinking water to get rid of it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register