HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Anybody have the crying spells after surgery? Anybody have the crying spells after surgery?

Unread 05-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Anybody have the crying spells after surgery?

It's been 6 days after my LSH and I found myself in my room crying..I can't explain the reason. I wasn't hurting amd I have my ovaries still. All my hubby could do was hold me and let me cry and when I was through, well it was over. What was that about?
Unread 05-10-2006, 11:33 AM

I know the feeling. I think I was about 8 days out when I did the same thing. Some one here told me it was normal, my overies are waking up and I am recovering from a huge trauma. Talk to your doc if it continues. Like you, my hubby and kids justed loved me to death for a day, did a alot of little special things for me, and i have felf much better since then. but it was sure a hard day!
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:24 PM

It's been 15 days since my TAH (kept ovaries). Just yesterday I had a crying spell sneak up on me. I sat and cried but couldn't seem to put my finger on exactly why. I am guessing that the combination of the trauma of surgery, maybe my ovaries "waking up", and the stress of not feeling 100 % myself were the cause. I am glad to hear you have a supportive husband like I do. I guess this experience is one that truly needs to be taken one day at a time. Take care.
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:33 PM

OMG yes I woke up crying and I mean crying the first few days after my surgery for NO REASON whatsoever. I think it is the drugs and the build up to the surgery, our hormones are all shot. It does get better. I had a TAH and kept my ovaries. I wish you well and a speedy recovery.
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:50 PM

I wonder if part of it is the trauma you have been thru ...the previous illness, the preparing, the surgery, and it being over. I say so becaue despite the fact I did not cry untill 2weeks after this surgery,I have had severerl surgeries in the past AND it has been a pattern for me to cry after most of them wtihin a few days from releif and exhaustion and so on. Just a possibility.
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:06 PM

I was in a meeting with the Vice President where I work and my boss. I had warned my boss that I was on the verge of tears for no apparent reason, and well you guessed they poured out during the meeting! I had to apologize get a tissue and keep the meeting going (LOL!!!). I still have my ovaries, but boy I think our bodies are just traumatized and maybe it was our time of the month and our bodies are confused....who knows!!!
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:41 PM

I was worried about this very thing. I had EVERYTHING taken out and am on estrogen. This has not been a problem for me so far.... but sounds just like the wild PMS ride I had back in February (before surgery). Talk to Doctor, if you continue to have problems, there has to be something you can do or take for this.
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:40 PM

Yes I am 8 days out and on the 6th day I started having crying spells so for the past 2 days that is all I have being doing I had a complete Hysterectomy on May 2 I am not sure where it comes from but it just happens.
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:44 PM

I've been doing a lot of crying too, but it's been in response to stuff going on. Feeling kind of "down" too.

Even if I didn't have something to cry about, I might be doing it anyway, given the fact that my body has been through some major trauma and just sitting and laughing with friends at church this evening jarred something in my belly and made me go "OWWW!" And there is me in one chair at the table and next to me a young woman about to pop, she is so pregnant. We both waddle and hold our bellies but for different reasons.
Unread 05-11-2006, 03:20 AM

Yeah I did. My frustration with the nurses, my cat being mauled to death the Mon. before my surgery and the fact that I wanted to go home and get away from the wicked nurses made me cry the last day of my hospital stay. I have since cried about several different things. I feel better now but who knows when the waterworks will start again. I try not to let it bother me. I don't cry because I had a hysterectomy. I was all for that. I had a TAH/BSO.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway