HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bladder Pain After Sex Bladder Pain After Sex

Unread 05-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Bladder Pain After Sex

I enjoyed that nice "honeymoon" phase shortly after surgery. I am now over two years post op. Sex is sooooo painful still. The premarin vaginal cream hasn't helped.

My husband and I were last intimate on Saturday night. I awoke afterwards, at about 3 am, with a full and achy bladder. I got out of bed to go to the bathroom, and doubled over in pain. After going to the bathroom, I was able to walk upright to get back into bed.

It's Tuesday, and I am still very sore. I have no hopes of my sex life ever improving. It is so very sad that the physicians do not seem to understand all of the long term effects we may experience after having this surgery. I regret having this surgery on a daily basis.~Moonchime
Unread 05-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Bladder Pain After Sex

Why are you having an achy bladder; from sex or does it ache all the time? Is this a direct result from your hyst and how long has your bladder ached?
Unread 05-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Bladder Pain After Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper
Why are you having an achy bladder; from sex or does it ache all the time? Is this a direct result from your hyst and how long has your bladder ached?
My bladder has been hurting me ever since the hyst. It was fine before but has never been the same since surgery.

My bladder cannot tolerate even creams in my vagina. I will suffer severely if I even use the OTC vaginal gels such as Replens or Rephresh.

It is defintely worse after sex. Therefore, we have hardly had a sex life since the surgery. Saturday night was only the 7th attempt since my surgery over two years ago.

I am awakened every night and early every morning by bladder pain.

But, it is worse right now because of Saturday night. My bladder is aching worse than usual and my belly is tender and a bit swelly.~Moonchime
Unread 05-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Bladder Pain After Sex

Have you discussed this with your Dr?

You should request a referral to a urologist to have the symptoms evaluated and treated. Bladder pain of any kind is not normal.

good luck
diana
Unread 05-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Bladder Pain After Sex

Bladder pain after sex is how it ws determined I needed to have the hyst. I thought it ws a bladder infection - i was uncomfortable for days. I went to the doctor - she said my uterus was enlarged and sent me for an unltrasound. They found large firbroids pressing on my bladder. i have terrible periods and a uterus the size of a 4 1/2 month pregnancy. I am hoping the surgery helps - not worsens my situation.
Unread 05-26-2006, 02:55 AM
Bladder Pain After Sex

Moonchime

You've had this for a long time now and you really need to get this seen to. If I remember correctly, you're very anti doctors since your hyst and I'm assuming you haven't consulted a urologist about your bladder issues.

I can totally relate to having problems with the vaginal creams....same here. I never did find one that didn't irritate both my vagina and my urethra.

Take care.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.