HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Urine Leakage Urine Leakage

Unread 06-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Urine Leakage

I had a radical hysterectomy on May 10, 2006. I was told I had cervical cancer. On the May 15th I had blood in my urine was told I had UTI. They put me on medicine. On May 24th I started to have leaking problems went back to the ER they put a catheter in me and gave me Cipro. On May 30th three hours before my dr. appt. to get the catheter out I started leaking again. Went to the Dr.'s took the catheter out and said to come back Thurs June 1st if I was still leaking to put a catheter put in me. I'm still leaking but not going to the doctors today. I want to find out what is going on before they keep putting these catheters in me they are very painful. No one can tell me why I'm leaking either. Has anyone had these problems? Also the dr. gave me another prescription of Cipro to take.
Unread 06-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Urine Leakage

Hi ,

I am sorry you are having these problems. It might help if you would consult a urologist and see what they think is the problem.

I hope you get some answers and help.

Let us know how you do, okay?

s
Unread 06-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Urine Leakage

I haven't had or seen any one else with these probs but definitely get in to the Dr. You didn't say if you have incontinance b4 surgery or what all you had done. Did they do any extras with the radical hyst(like that is not enuf?!?)?
Unread 06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Urine Leakage

I'm sorry that you are having problems. Do you know why they are cathing you? Are you retaining? The UTI could cause the leaking, but it could be caused by other things too. I would go see a urologist if I were you to find out exactly what is going on.
Unread 06-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Urine Leakage

I had my hyst. on May 10th also and ended up with a UTI which made me pee all over myself every time I stood up. My Dr. said the catheter often caused that and gave me an antibiotic that cleared it up in a few days. If a catheter causes UTI's, which I know from other experiences, I don't understand why they keep putting another one in. If it's to keep you from soiling yourself, I wore Depends for a few days. Go see a urologist ASAP.
Unread 06-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Urine Leakage

Violet: I know what you are going through and it stinks. I had a total hysterectomy April 12, 2006 and 2 weeks ago I started leaking urine - enough to have to wear a Poise pad (sz. reg. too) - I must change it every hour in a half. I went for my last ob/gyn visit for the surgury last Thurs. and she said she could see the leakage out of my bladder. She told me that since I am 56 and had 3 children my pelvic muscles are weak and that with the hysterectomy and the lack of estrogen the support is not like it use to be and for some reason (heavy lifting or what) my bladder has moved and maybe my rectum also. She said my recovery from my hysterectomy was good and if it wasn't for this mess I guess I am fine - accept for little twinges here and there in the lower right ovary area. She referred me to a urogynacologist that specializes in "stress incontinence" in women. I have an appointment on Monday and I am going out of my mind waiting. Everytime I move, bend over, or am just standing there - urine leaks. When I go to bed and I don't drink after 8:30 I am dry thru the night with no leakage but I do get up to '"p" around 3/4 AM. It really bothers me and I just want all of this to end. It is one thing after another. And now it is summer and all I want to do is put on a bathing suit and go to the beach and it is a pain in the butt! I also feel like I have a tampon stuck at my vaginal opening so that could be the bladder pushing down on the vaginal area and causing that tiny bulge but it is not hanging out (believe it or no I looked to see what was going on with a mirror and also to see where the urine was coming from). It sounds gross but sometimes we have to inspect ourselves to know what is going on. Also, keep a "pee - pee" diary so when you do see a doctor you will have it documented. I did and when I went to see my ob/gyn she found it very helpful and is sending it to the urogynocologist. I can't wait to find out what they can do. I keep reading all these emails and sometimes it is scary and there is too much information but we have to face our fears and move on. I do know I want it fixed and at my age I will not wear a depends pad for the rest of my life - it is frustrating, annoying and stinky!!! LiveLaughLove - Please feel better.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.