HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sensitive Nipples Sensitive Nipples

Unread 06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Sensitive Nipples

Ok my Hysterectomy was 3 yearsago and I STILL have VERY SENSITIVE NIPPLES anyone else have this problem?
And what could be causing it? I finally gave up on any horomone therapy patches and/or drugs it made it worse, and they are still sensitive.HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Thanks for any input
Unread 06-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Sensitive Nipples

I have no idea what causes it ... but I had my surgery only 3 months ago and it is driving me nuts! I will be interested to see if anyone has an explanation.

(TAH, kept ovaries; adenomyosis, age 45)
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Sensitive Nipples

Hi (((hatenlife))) Did you keep your ovaries with your hysterectomy, or were they removed? It would help if you could take a minute to fill out your member survey and edit your profile to include your surgery type and correct surgery date (it currently says December 31st, 1957).

Sometimes overly sensitive nipples can be a symptom of estrogen dominance. One solution to that problem, if it's your only symptom, is to try putting a little dab of progesterone cream on each breast at night (at night because it can make you sleepy). I read about this in Dr. Lee's book, "What Your Doctor Might Not Tell You About Breast Cancer".

Are you getting regular mammograms? Regardless of whether or not you decide to try the progesterone and whether or not it works for you, do make sure to do regular breast self examinations and mammograms.

s,
-Linda
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Re: Sensitive Nipples

I have them to and its only been 3 weeks, and i had them before the surgery now there worse, its very annoying, so when i go back to my dr i am going to ask the nurse and the dr what i can do, i know my body is adjusting, they left one ovary, so it will take some time, but i hope there is something!!! i will try anything,,,
Unread 05-10-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbabe View Post
Hi (((hatenlife))) Did you keep your ovaries with your hysterectomy, or were they removed? It would help if you could take a minute to fill out your member survey and edit your profile to include your surgery type and correct surgery date (it currently says December 31st, 1957).

Sometimes overly sensitive nipples can be a symptom of estrogen dominance. One solution to that problem, if it's your only symptom, is to try putting a little dab of progesterone cream on each breast at night (at night because it can make you sleepy). I read about this in Dr. Lee's book, "What Your Doctor Might Not Tell You About Breast Cancer".

Are you getting regular mammograms? Regardless of whether or not you decide to try the progesterone and whether or not it works for you, do make sure to do regular breast self examinations and mammograms.

s,
-Linda
Thank you so much Linda! This is the very reason I logged in today! I had my hysty last year and my breast are becoming more and more sensitive...it's getting so that I cannot stand to wear a bra! I'm going to try that progesterone cream you spoke about and see what happens.
Ladygem
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:45 AM

I found this site this morning while googling "Sensitive nipples after hysterectomy" and I am glad I did. My surgery was March 29 of this year and in the past month, my nipples have been driving me crazy. They are always hard and sore now.

I am definitely going to try the progesterone cream at night.
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Is the cream expensive? Is it a prescription or over the counter? I still have my overies so would it be something I would use or is it only for women that had their overies removed? I Also am having sore nipples, I kept my overies, my hysterectomy was two and a half weeks ago.
Unread 11-21-2013, 11:07 AM

I am 2 weeks 1 day post op. I went to doctor this morning for my post op appt. I also had the complaint of nipple pain. They hurt when my shirt rubs against them. The pain started about 1 week ago. Doc said that this is common. He said that I was given a shot of estrogen the day of surgery and I started the patch the day after surgery. He said it would get better once all the estrogen levels out. I go back in 6 weeks. He said to let him know if it is still a problem by them.
I am worried after ready these posts that maybe it won't go away. This my be TMI, but my nipples have always been a big part of sex. I am already scared that my other lady parts will not function as normal.
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:41 AM

I had the same breast pain for two and a half weeks. My story is the same when it comes to the sex part. They are so important to my flow with my husband. The pain does go away and it gets better. My breasts were numb before the surgery, now they are perfect! You can just try to stay away from them until the hormone surges are done. BTW my sex drive is now through the roof....hubby is really happy:-) Take is easy even when you feel good, it has a way of coming back on you.

Happy Healing

Dreelinz
LAVH
Unread 06-15-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatenlife View Post
Ok my Hysterectomy was 3 yearsago and I STILL have VERY SENSITIVE NIPPLES anyone else have this problem?
And what could be causing it? I finally gave up on any horomone therapy patches and/or drugs it made it worse, and they are still sensitive.HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Thanks for any input
I have the same issue....ouch

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.