HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

What is Outer Sex? What is Outer Sex?

Unread 06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
What is Outer Sex?

Not that I'm even entertaining the idea of sex, but I read a comment in a previous post about "outer sex" well what is it exactly?
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:29 PM
What is Outer Sex?

Hi there!
Outer sex or outercourse as alot of the hystersisters call it is what I would call... outer stimulation. Sex without penetration ( sorry if this sounds too graphic ) you and your partner stimulating each other in other ways. I am told you can experience the big "O" long before you can have intercourse again after a hysterectomy. I am 4 weeks tomorrow and have done the deed and all was OK
Hope this helps!
HUGS
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:55 PM
What is Outer Sex?

Something to keep in mind - Might be TMI - generally anal sex and oral stimulation are not a good idea according to most doctors. These activities, while keeping to the "nothing in the vagina" rule, can still introduce bacteria that can cause infection.

Hope this helps, too.
Paula
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:23 PM
What is Outer Sex?

My doctor told me outer sex was fine!!
Unread 06-13-2006, 06:41 AM
What is Outer Sex?

Are you making reference to clitorial stimulation or oral sex? Is that allowed? My doctor mentioned no sex for 6 weeks, I am wondering if he was referring to intercourse. I am a bit concerned it having an orgasim pre 6 weeks might cause some disruption in the healing. I know we are not professional doctors but what do we think? I am all for using the TOYS!!! That is why G-d made them for sale.
Unread 06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
What is Outer Sex?

Here is a link to Post Op Sex Checkpoint. You will find answers to the questions you have asked (and some you didn't think of yet).

One thing to remember though is that each woman's surgery is a little different as are her reasons for the surgery. It is always smart to follow your Doctors advice for you.

Kay
Unread 06-13-2006, 06:58 AM
What is Outer Sex?

It's all down to the individual really. Pre-op I was thinking 'No need to even think about sex for 6 weeks.' I lasted 3 days after the op till my newly-emerged libido caught up with me! And everything worked fine and even better than before. I'm talking clitoral stimulation - I won't receive oral sex until I'm given the all-clear by the doctor.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.