HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

View Poll Results: Did yourhave a tipped uterus and now find yourself with other female problems?
I had a tipped uterus and now have/ or have had a prolapsed uterus. 19 63.33%
I have a tipped uterus and now have other health problems. 9 30.00%
Yes, I have a prolapsed uterus but was never told anything about having a tipped uterus. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Did your tipped uterus lead to a prolapse? Did your tipped uterus lead to a prolapse?

Unread 05-07-2001, 03:27 AM
Did your tipped uterus lead to a prolapse?

I amcurious how many of you who were told in the past that you had a tipped uterus, now have had or have now developed a prolapsed uterus?
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:30 AM

I think this is a very interesting poll. I have known I've had a tipped uterus since my first GYN appointment as a teenager. The doctor who was actually pretty good- said they use to say you had problems with bearing children with a tipped uterus, but that was untrue. I had no problems, but my second daughter was 9 lbs. 14 ounces which was very difficult for me. Considering I need help with my first daughter who was only about 7 pounds 2 ounces (forceps, vacuum). I will follow this thread and see what other people have to say. I had no fibroids, etc. just a uterus that felt like I was ready to "deliver". For this reason- I opted to have a hysterectomy and because of my family history and age (46) said take the ovaries, too.
Unread 05-07-2001, 08:34 AM

I've known I had a "tilted" uterus (as my dr. calls it) since I was about 12 years old but never put the two together. I'd be curious to see more about this.
Thanks,
Melissa
Unread 05-07-2001, 08:40 AM

I had a "tipped" uterus. Extremly hard back labor!! Ouch. 2 miscarriages, then prolapsed. Fibroids. Had a vaginal hyster. with spinal, heck it was almost out anyway. The fibroids were so big that I was dialating and having contractions. Couldn't walk for 3 days!
So happy to have the dang thing out!
Unread 05-07-2001, 09:12 AM

I had a severely tipped uterus, had no prolapse, no problems getting pregnant, no problems delivering the babies, no back labor. But about 6 months to a year before I found out I had to have a hysterectomy I started having a lot of lower back pain....happy to say since the hysterectomy those are gone too!!
Unread 05-07-2001, 09:17 AM
yes indeed

I, too, have had a tipped uterus as long as I can recall. Am 48 years old. They always have trouble find it at all, I've been told it's inverted.

Have five children, no miscarriages but had one tubal pregnancy - obviously "tipped" didn't hinder my ability to conceive or bear. But terrific "back labor". And I have a lot of pain in my back when I have cramping from heavy periods and passing clots.

My doc warned me a year and a half ago, that I was in imminent danger of prolapse and that everything was very "low" in the vaginal space.

I also have a number of fibroids (they've come and gone over the years and right now are numerous and large) and also am suffering severe anemia and either endometrial hyperplasia or adeno and have uterus the size of a 13-15 week pregnancy.

Can't wait to have it out! Four weeks from today.

My middle daughter (19 yrs, never been pregnant) just told me that her doc said her uterus was severely tipped.

I'll keep an eye on this poll.
Unread 05-07-2001, 01:57 PM
WOW!

I amazed at what might be an apparent link of a tipped uterus leading to a prolapsed one. Keep posting your experiences with this girls.
P.S. I had very severe cramps before having children. After kids they were still strong enough to take medication for but not as bad. Definantly had NO problems at all getting pregnant. Had a 27 hour labor vaginally that had to be delivered with forceps and vaccum to save another estimated 4 hours pushing. I said, "BRING IT ON!!!!" Wonder if the tipping severity changes a little after each birth? They told me also it was tipped at age 20 and also mentioned it again a week and 1/2 ago.
Unread 05-07-2001, 03:41 PM
tipped uterus

Yes, I have had a tipped uterus forever and I have a prolapsed uterus that will be removed June 11. I did not think there was a connection between the two, but now that the responses are comming in, it seems there might be a link. I now have a new pre-op question for my doctor. I have given birth to 4 children and had pretty quick labors. I never had back labor with any of them. When I get my period I don't cramp in my back either. Interesting!!!!
Unread 05-07-2001, 03:46 PM

There's no "NO" in the poll. I had a retroflexed uterus (almost folded in half backwards) but no prolapse. (No kids, either, and that's probably the bigger factor). My hyst was for unresolved menstrual pain after laparoscopy and it turned out I had adenomyosis. But there was no prolapse AT ALL.
Unread 05-07-2001, 05:41 PM
why not a no in the poll?

There is no "no" in the poll because this is strictly for women with tipped uterus or prolapse. Other female conditions that a hysterectomy is indicated for do not apply here. Thank-you for your interest in the poll! I am trying to add a question that will say Yes, I have a tipped uterus but my hysterectomy is indicated for other reasons. Thanks again for your interest.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway