HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Sciatic nerve flare-up Sciatic nerve flare-up

Unread 06-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Sciatic nerve flare-up

I had a severe incident of a sciativc nerve flare up after a fall before my surgery & was prescribed anti-inflammatory pills for 10 days. I'm now 7 months post-op & I'm having similar pain along the back of my thigh & down my leg all the way to my foot but not severe like the first episode.I also notice some swelling in the back of my thigh & I'm a little worried.
Unread 06-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Sciatic nerve flare-up

Hi Mori
I also have this flare from time to time. I know when I start feeling it I am very careful not to aggravate it if I can. I had a dr one time who gave me very useful advise on how to care for it. Icing it can help, but you want to be careful how you move. He told me to move as if I had a miniskirt on. When you get in and out of a car this is important. You want to sit down discreetly and then swing your lets in. You don't want to do any stooping over from the waist. This is one of the very worst moves you can make when you have sciatica. I also started sleeping with a body pillow. It's important to keep your knees stacked and not allow one leg to pull across the other causing your hips to rotate. Stretching is also really important, then ice.
I hope you won't have a big problem. I know if I will immediately take care not to make it worse I can usually get it to go away pretty quickly. Good luck with yours.
's,Rita
Unread 06-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Sciatic nerve flare-up

Hi Preciouspearl & thanks for the advice. I was a little worried thinking that my sciata incident may have been related to my endometrial cancer diagnosis & that now after surgery if it was of any concern. I know I have "cancerhead" & am being a little paranoid but could there be a connection?
Unread 06-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Sciatic nerve flare-up

ive been dealing with sciatic nerve for 10 years now,i end up everyother year going to a chriropracter,i end up on a table where it pulls the lumbar apart then contracts.for about twenty minutes each visit..they wanted to do surgery to repair the pinch nerve and disc but,in my expereience it wont be worth it.. try not to over work it ,and do see a chiropracter,my doctor sent mev to physical theropy and it did not help..good luck..p.s. i sneezed thats how i pinched mine

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.