HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Pain when internal stitches dissolve? Pain when internal stitches dissolve?

Unread 06-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Pain when internal stitches dissolve?

Did anyone have this? I've been feeling uncomfortable (rather than the pain that I've had throughout) over the past week or so So I was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've started to do more and have, on docs advice, increased my anti-d's a little (not my easiest decision, I was nearly off them, but that's another story). So, all in all, things were looking up. Yesterday, I started to get some horrible cramps in my lower abdomen and pelvis, and today the pain has been there constantly. I'm not crippled by it, but it's noticeable (Hmm, understatement ) Tonight I've been to the loo and there's part of a dissolved stitch on the loo paper. Could this be causing the pain? Did anyone else get some pain when their stitches were dissolving? Any info would be appreciated to all you
Unread 06-28-2006, 06:02 PM

I got the same thing happening since week 4 - on and off and in different places. Lower back pain around 5th week was the worst. Best part is mine only last a few days, goes away but then another area acts up. I haven't had any reoccurence in any one area once I have been through the initial pain. Back hasn't hurt in at least 2 weeks. Hope that helps. There for a while I was having more pain from the gallbladder surgery than anywhere, then it was the appendix, I will be glad when this is all over. Good luck and take care.
Hugs,
Ann
Unread 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM

I can totally relate to you. I felt better the first two weeks then I do now. The past week I have felt like dull aching cramps and lower back pain too. Almost like getting ready to have a period or something. sometimes if I twist I feel it too. Its not horrible pain, but more for me like a dull aching cramp, light pinching, and lower back ache. It makes me tired just thinking about it. I have even felt like my ovaries ache on each side. I guess I figure maybe its them waking up and starting to fully function since surgery.

I think its just part of recovery.

Just letting you know you are not alone.
Unread 06-28-2006, 09:49 PM

You are not alone.... I had lots of discomfort when the stitches were dissolving. Some of us do, so don't be alarmed. Take care.
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:26 PM

To me the stitches coming out were kinda painful,like scratchy.
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:40 PM

Yep, dawn, me too...
Unread 06-29-2006, 02:38 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I thought I was going a bit doolally! I've got an hours drive to my cousins this afternoon, which I'm not looking forward to, but she's my best friend and it's her little boys birthday. She's also 9 months pregnant, so I've been feeling a little weird about seeing her. Ah well, she has been one of my biggest supporters over the past year, I can't wait to give her a I'll take my painkillers with me...it's going to be a looong day. Thank you again. I don't know what I'd do without you!

BayBBear - My GB pain has been worse than the hyster! (Removed 2 weeks after the hyster). Hope you're feeling better very soon
Unread 06-29-2006, 03:15 AM

Just to say I am seeing my doc later today about a stitch issue....she thinks there may be a knot that is causing the trouble and may be able to tweak it out!! Ouch!! Will report later.

Good luck Brisa and have a nice afternoon. x
Unread 06-29-2006, 04:44 AM

Wow! It's so neat to talk women from other countries on here!

Anyway, it seems like everyone starts feeling their stomach pain around week 2. It's usually more of a soreness that gets worse with doing too much. What it is, is that our bellies were still numb and the numbness wore off, not a setback or any change in how we're healing. This doesn't address the stitches issue, but I think alot of women worry when they are suddenly tender on their bellies.
Unread 06-29-2006, 09:32 AM

healing ,,pain is normal. What we go through during this surgery . Our insides are turned inside out, pulled ,and stiches everywhere. We have all new connections to ligaments. The pelvic floor is reconstructed. I believe we are all different. I have alot of pain down my legs ,in my lower ab .I'm not flexable at all,so when they put me in those sturrups it did some damage. I am also know before surgery I had great uterine contractions so I had alot of feeling their..I do miss that, sex is different ,not as good. My dr told me that it is normal to have this pain. Things will improve...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.