HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

extreme pain in vaginal cuff during intercourse- extreme pain in vaginal cuff during intercourse-

Unread 07-01-2006, 08:03 PM
extreme pain in vaginal cuff during intercourse-

I am 55 yrs old and I had a total hyst. 3 years ago and developed granuation tissue at 2mos, 6 mo and 1 year. They were burned off with silver nitrate. 9 mos ago I started having extreme "stabbing pains" in that area during intercourse. I have been to see 3 Drs. over the past 9 mos and none of them have agreed on the diagnosis. The Dr. I am going to right now thinks that I have deveoped a cluster of nerves around the site of all of the granulation tissue and was going to inject it with steriods to see if he could reduce any inflamation in that site. When I went in for that procedure, he had an emergency and just injected some anesthetic in that area and told me to try having sex and see how things were. Well, we tried and it hurt just as much as before and we had to stop. I don't know what to think now....has anyone else out there had this problem and what did you do..I am really fed up with the doctors where I live and don't even know if they know what they are doing!! Any help would be much appreciated.
Unread 07-29-2006, 04:27 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry that you are having problems this far post-op. I had granulation had to be treated with silver nitrate and I also had the granulation tissue removed with a minor surgical procedure in the doctor's office. It took a while for everything to heal but eventually it did and I no longer have any pain along my vaginal cuff. It does sound like you have something more going on there.

Have you had a chance yet to go back for the steroid injections? If so, did that help? I do hope your doctor can help you. If this one can't you may have to keep trying until you find one who can.

Keep us posted, okay? I hope you can get some relief soon.

s
Unread 07-30-2006, 03:43 PM

Thank you for your response. Since I wrote that post, I found a new doctor. My new doctor has been practicing for many years and knew exactly what it was when I explained my symtoms. He believes I have adhesions that have attached themselves to most likely my bowel. He is doing laproscopic surgery on the 8th of August. I hope and pray he can get it all and clean up the adhesions. He is my only hope at this point. Keep me in your prayers.
Unread 07-30-2006, 03:54 PM

I'm glad you found another doctor and I do hope your upcoming surgery will successfully treat your problem.

I'll keep you in thought and prayer. Let us know how it goes, okay?

s

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.