HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Tissue growth on inside of vagina Tissue growth on inside of vagina

Unread 07-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Tissue growth on inside of vagina

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. On the inside left wall of my vagina, I have noticed what my doctor is calling just a tissue growth. I have chronic bacterial vaginosis so this tissue growth can seem to sometimes get swollen which I can feel when that happens. My doctor said to keep an eye on it and let me know if it grows or changes color/shape. He said if it was bothersome that I can have it removed. Anyone out there ever have or had this?
Unread 07-07-2006, 02:00 PM

Hi SB, I'm just outside Orlando myself. I think if this "extra tissue" keeps giving you infections and such you might need more aggressive treatment. I had an LSH and am having some trouble with my cervix. So it is getting removed at the end of this month. If it were me, I would feel ackward watching something to see when or if it starts to go bad. Seems like you are already having trouble. Can you get a 2nd opinion?
Unread 07-08-2006, 12:55 AM

Hi SB! I believe what you have is called redundant vaginal tissue. It is extra vaginal tissue that is protruding from the vaginal wall. It is not considered a prolapse in the true sense of the word like a rectocele or cystocele but it is protruding tissue. I have redundant vaginal tissue in the anterior vaginal wall that is coming out of the vagina, it's the size of a ping pong ball. I have been working with my Gyn and Uro/Gyn as this is very closely attached under my urethra. I may be having this tissue excised soon as it is causing pain, and is dry and irritated. I have a few threads discussing this so you can look them up or you can PM me anytime.
Michelle
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:28 AM

Dear Candyapplelady,
Thank you so much for the information. I have noticed a yellow like "pimple" on the tissue. It seems to come and go, but I think when the pimple is there that's when I can feel the discomfort.

Have a good day!
Stephanie
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:39 AM

Dear Shera,
It's good to hear from someone in close proximity. My annual appt is Sept. 6th (currently GYN on maturnity leave) so I am going to see if she can remove it.
Good luck at the end of the month with your cervix removal. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of trouble you were having.

Stephanie
Unread 07-28-2006, 04:14 PM

Hi... I have a growth of tissue on the scar line after my repair op andI am wondering if this has been the cause of all my soreness and infections. Despite anti biotics, I am still very sore in there somewhere and have a leaky discharge. xx

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.