HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Lower back pain Lower back pain

Unread 07-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Lower back pain

I had a full Hysterectomey June 22 2006 due to multiple fibroids,endometriosis and I also carry the Breast Cancer 1 gene....I seem to be recovering quite well except for lower back pain if I stand for more then 5 minutes...I walk around the neighbourhood no problem but once I stop walking I feel the back pain coming on and need to sit in a reclining chair to take the weight off my back....I'm average in height and weight 125. lbs so I don't think weight has anything to do with it..any advice
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Lower back pain

Hi, Sarah Mary, what kind of hyst did you have? I have heard that sometimes the pain could be from positions you were in during the surgery. We use our back muscles more after surgery due to sore stomachs and such. I walked hunched over when I had my hyst, and I know that contributed to my back pain. We don't have the greatest posture during recovery. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Best wishes and , Carol
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Lower back pain

I am experiencing lower back pain as well. My doc says that my ovaries just haven't had time to 'kick in' yet. If they don't hurry up and start working, I'm going to kick some doctor tail! I really thought that this pain was supposed to be over, and not something that I would be worried with now. Guess that's what I get for thinkin', huh?
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Lower back pain

I also had lower back pain. it was a one year in march, that I had my hyst. My back hurt me really bad. This year we found out that my pelvis was out of place. this could have happened during my surgery. But then again we can't be sure of that. i went thru 3 months of Thearpy for it and it feels great now! But like you while I was walking I was fine. I'm a two mile a day walker. As soon as I quit here came the pain. You might want to have your back checked out. We did X-rays, and an MRI just to be sure.
Unread 07-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Lower back pain

I have had a lot of lower back pain this past week. My Dr told me that it's because my abdominal muscles are trying to get back to normal and my insides are adjusting to not having a "two ton tumor" and everything else he had to remove in there to hold everything up!!

I read a post a couple of weeks ago about Hanes support panties. K-Mart sells them among other places I am sure, but you can buy two pairs for $8.00 !! Let me tell ya, if you can wear anything against your tummy, get some. They are wonderful and give great support.

Also when you lay down or even sitting, you should always keep your feet up. Elevate your knees when lying down, it takes the weight off of your lower back. Also, if you need the extra support while sitting in a chair or the car, use a small pillow behind you to support your lower back.

These are all of my little tricks. Hope they help.
Unread 07-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Lower back pain

I have some back pain too. To be honest, I have alot of what I would call PMS symptoms just like before my period. Only now there isn't going to be a period so I am confused too. I guess there is alot more going on internally than we realize. Also, the back of my head feels funny so I wonder if they suspended me upside down in surgery or something.
Unread 07-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Lower back pain

So I'm not the only one with back pain...Carolinez I think you hit on something regarding the position in surgery..when I came out of recovery the only words I could express was my back is killing me...this continued for three days..now that I know it will eventually go away I was wondering does anyone know if the numbness under the belly button also goes away..I find the area very senistive and sore..
Unread 07-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Lower back pain

I bought some "Barely There" support panties from Kohls and they really are great. Also, I wore under my clothes the disposable one-time use heat pads you can get at the drug store. That helped also.
Unread 07-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Lower back pain

Hey Nancs thanks for the tip I will ask at the local Walmart if they carry Barely There support panties...We don't have a Kohls store in Ontario..
Unread 07-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Lower back pain

Me too, I can't stand it and belly pain. He told me it was normal. I can't sleep, 3 hours at a time because it is so uncomfortable.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway