HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Dissolving Staples????? Dissolving Staples?????

Unread 07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Dissolving Staples?????

My Dr. is going to try using dissolving staples to help avoid the keloid type scar I got from my c-section. Has anyone heard of this before?
Unread 07-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Dissolving Staples?????

I have not heard of dissolving staples, but I hope another (((sister))) will come along who has had experience with them.

Unread 07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Dissolving Staples?????

I have had 4 surgeries requiring staples, but never heard of the dissolving ones. You may want to do your research on this. Best of luck to you.
Unread 07-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Dissolving Staples?????

me neither my doctor is using glue hope it works!!!!!
Unread 07-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Dissolving Staples?????

That's really interesting. I'm familiar with dissolving sutures, staples and glue but not with dissolving staples. I hope you can find out more about them and that they give you a great result.

Frances
Unread 07-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Dissolving Staples?????

Thanks to you all for you responses. I'm going to do some research and I'll let you know what I find out.
Unread 07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Dissolving Staples?????

I had dissolving staples. I HIGHLY suggest you go for them, if you can get them! I had no problems with them at all and you don't have to go back to the dr to have he/she remove regular staples. When my dr told me that was what he was doing to me, I questioned him, since I had never heard of them before myself. He said 'You will like these' and he was SO right!!
Unread 07-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Dissolving Staples?????

Thanks so much for the insight. I was getting worried that no one had ever heard of them. How has your recovery been?
Unread 07-14-2006, 01:55 PM
I talked w/ my doc about them ....

Actually, he told me about them. I have had two sections, one closure by dissolving stitches (which healed GREAT), and one with staples, which gave me nothing but problems (and healed terribly). He said he normally closes by staples, but if at all possible, since I would prefer, he said he'll try to close by stitches. He said it that turned out to not be possible (b/c apparently you're supposed to get a better/tighter close w/ staples, which is odd b/c that was the total opposite for me) then he'd use dissolving staples.
Unread 07-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Wow!

I have never heard of this either. When I had my section last year they used staples to close and I ended up with a fairly serious infection. I am a large girl and it was mid May then. It was also quite warm and this caused sweat to infect and the staples just felt horrible. I will be asking about these dissolving ones for sure at my pre op. I have a very bad scar from my section and would like to look into this. Thanks for mentioning it. This site is giving me so many things to ask my Dr. :burning: They will hate me before I leave. LOL. Might try to staple my mouth shut! HAHA

Shaya

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway