HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Why are the hot flashes worse in the evening and at night????? Why are the hot flashes worse in the evening and at night?????

Unread 07-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Why are the hot flashes worse in the evening and at night?????

I can't stand these hot flashes. Why do they get so bad in the evening and then all through the night. And when I increased my Estrogen gel that only seemed to increase them during the day too. With only one pump at night the day is better. I am confused and it will take weeks to get into the surgeon. And my GP is away. I am sticky, hot and tried!!!!!
Unread 07-25-2006, 01:45 AM

My next question - why do we suffer from insomnia??
Unread 07-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Hi Jeanna!

Sometimes it takes a while to figure out the right dose and the right timing for application of the dose before things settle down and symptoms go away. I'm sorry that you're having problems.

Are you keeping a journal of all of this? That can help you keep track of what you've tried. Try not to make changes frequently either in dose or timing. Those changes can upset balance--something you're trying to avoid!

Insomnia is a common post-op complaint. It could be due to hormone imbalance but of course there can be other causes. Keep track of that in your journal too and let your doctor know. There's a post-op article with some tips for dealing with insomnia. Here's a link to that article: Dealing With Post-Op Insomnia.

Have you printed off the Too Much/Too Little symptom list? It's a great guide to use while working to find balance.

Hang in there! Things can get better but it often takes time and a lot of patience.

s
Unread 07-25-2006, 05:34 PM

Jeanna,
Instead of increasing the dose, perhaps you should try splitting up your current dose. It may be that the gel is not lasting the entire time, thus when you apply your body has run out and you experience a surge or fluctuation in your levels.

While I don't use the gel, I do use a hormone cream and at one point I had to split up my dose to using it 3x per day to keep an even level thoughout the day. Splitting up the dose really helped for me.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.