HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Help...swelling labia Help...swelling labia

Unread 07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Help...swelling labia

Not sure why but everything below seems to itch and be swollen and I did not have a vag hyst I had an abdominal hsyt and things at incisiion site seem fine....not sure what this is has anyone had this before?...help...annie
Unread 07-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Help...swelling labia

I had some swelling in my perianal/labial areas postop, but not with itching. This is a good one to run past your surgeon. It is possible that you are having a skin reaction to some solution that was used to prep you.

Let us know, OK? Take care, Princess...............s....Deb
Unread 07-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Help...swelling labia

I'd advise you to see your doctor immediately. My labia were swollen after 3 days after my surgery, but without the itching; it seemed to just be part of the inflammation (my incision was infected, but I don't think the vaginal area was). But yours sounds more like a vaginal infection of some kind.

The sooner you get in touch with your doctor, the sooner you can get some relief!!!
Unread 07-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Help...swelling labia

Hi Annie,
Me too, 12 days in, woke up this morning with the wierdiest feeling. It felt like I had put in a tampax - incorrectly (sorry to sound so gross, but thats what it feels like) have made appointment to see doc tomorrow as the feeling wont go away.Also very itchy
Had abdominal hyst also.
Will let you know.
Dont panic.
Unread 07-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Help...swelling labia

Thanks sisters I am going to call my Dr in the am.....this feeling is driving me nuts...maybe I am just doing too much and causing some swelling..not sure but thinks so much for the input....as always you guys make me feel better......hugs always annie
Unread 07-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Help...swelling labia

I don't think that doing too much would make you itch and swell THERE! I'm willing to bet it's a yeast infection. Hopefully not any kind of bacterial infection, but it's better to have the doctor rule that out, I think.
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Help...swelling labia

Thanks so much sisters my Dr called today he said the meds given to be before surgery cause yeast infections with many women and because I have never had one this must but what it does to me..he called in some Rx and hubby is going to get them this morning...hugs to all and thanks again....annie
Unread 08-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Help...swelling labia

Glad you're getting that taken care of. I had a yeast infection too after my surgery. Yuck.
Unread 08-02-2006, 10:39 PM
thanks for the reminder!

forgot all about my labia being ginormously swollen for days following sx; don't recall any pain - think I was numb there as well as my inner thighs. Couldn't wear panties for a week though (couldn't bend to get them on!!).

hang in there and take care of yourself.
Unread 08-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Help...swelling labia

I was swollen afterwards too. I looked with a mirror and found bruising in the area.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.