HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Hormone Therapy Hormone Therapy

Unread 08-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Hormone Therapy

I was supposed to see my DR today for my two week check up. It was canceled due to an emergency surgery. I have been having awful mood swings and crying periods. It hate those! So his nurse grabbed a midwife and quickly gave me some samples until I see the DR next week. Works for me because I wasn't ready to return to my stress filled job yet.

Anyone else have to be put on HT after surgery? I went through post partnum depression after my second child and went on Zoloft for about 2 1/2 years! Love that stuff!
Unread 08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Hormone Therapy

I was put on the Climara Patch the morning after surgery. I have had some hot flashes but I was having problems with the patch sticking, btw thanks ladies for all the advice on how to make it stick. I have had no problems since. I am very happy with it.
Unread 08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Hormone Therapy

I was put on Premarin cream right out of the hospital and after about a week or so I couldn't function normally without crying or being so tired I couldn't get up so doc gave me Premarin .625 for about 2 weeks and nothing changed. I called him back and he upped the dose to 1.25 and now I am a very happy gal!! I do get night sweats and can't sleep so when I went in for a check up today he told me to try 1 premarin 1.25 in the am and 1 in the pm (double dose) and to see how that works. I am hoping I can get some sleep since I go back to work on Monday.
I am almost 8 weeks post op and I feel great! My boss even called me today to check on me and to make sure I was doing ok for my return on Monday.
I know without the HRT, I couldn't even get out of bed. Hopefully you get the right one and the right dose so you can be a happy gal, too!!
Unread 08-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Hormone Therapy

What did you get samples of? I went straight from BirthControl Pills used as HRT for 6 years to FemTrace 1.8mg. I think Femtrace is fairly new since doc had samples. It seems to work ok. My body has had to adjust to being without the progesterin. But I think it is managing nicely. I am also on Lexapro from before surgery. My DH calls them my "happy" and "nice" pills.
Unread 08-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Hormone Therapy

I also got samples of Femtrace - I think I will need my happy pills again along with the nice pills.
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Hormone Therapy

I'm on bio-identical HRT. I take 100mg of prometrium every night and Vivelle dot patch 2x/per wk. I feel great! No hot flashes,dryness or any other discomfort I was feeling. The patch stays on great as long as its on a clean/dry surface. Good Luck!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.