HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Trigger point injections into vagina! WHAT? Trigger point injections into vagina! WHAT?

Unread 08-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Trigger point injections into vagina! WHAT?

Has anyone ever had trigger point injections directly into the vagina? I went to the urogyn today and he really wants me to try trigger point injections before I have another surgery to repair the rectecele and cystecele. He wants to try and get some of the pelvic pain under control first. I am terrified that the shots will hurt really bad. He is going to give them into the top of the vagina, around the vaginal cuff. UGH Now, I have had 3 epidural steroid injections in my back this year and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but this is entirely different. LOL He also could not get a catheter into my urethra again. It is blocked for some reason and he said he is not going to worry about it because I can pee and all. But, I was not very happy when 2 nurses tried and tried to get the cath in, then here comes the doctor to try. He also put me on a med called Sanctura to see if this will help with my urethra spasms. As far as any stitches or the sling eroding through the bladder or vaginal wall...he didn't find a thing. My husband has been complaining that something is sticking him when we have sex, but the doctor said he could not find a thing to account for that. HMMMM, makes me wonder what it could possibly be. Anyway, anyone who ever had trigger point injections directly into the vagina, please write back and let me how it was. Thanks, Tracy
Unread 08-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Trigger point injections into vagina! WHAT?

Tracy, I am wondering is it botox for the pain. I have heard this and wondering if anyone has tried this? I am hearing that it is common . I dont know if that is the same. I know other women on the site have had trigger point injection, so maybe they will reply. Sue

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.