Menopause Symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Menopause Symptoms Menopause Symptoms

Unread 08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Menopause Symptoms

Just curious what kind of symptoms you all have had since your syst.

I just had my TAH/BSO on Aug 10th and realy the only thing I have noticed so far is the hot flashes.. I thought I had hot flashes before but dern they do get really bad now.. I was in Wal-Mart the other day and had to stop at the fans.. LOL

I am taking Estrace 1 mg. So I am on a small dose of HRT..

TIA for you answers...

Rosanna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Menopause Symptoms

I've had hot flashes, insomnia, nightmares & depression. My GP thinks that my depression is due to the fact that I'm not sleeping well.
Unread 08-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Menopause Symptoms

I was started on hrt right away and didn't experience too many menopausal symptoms the first four weeks post op except some insomnia and warm flushing. But about the fifth week I was hit with crying spells, mood swings, more intense hot flashes, body aches, fatigue, headaches, anxiety and heart palps along with the insomnia. I believe this is when my natural store of circulating estrogen left over from my ovaries dropped significantly. Over the last year I have tried various hrts and doses and some of the symptoms have abated and some have worsened. Around nine months post op I developed vaginal dryness and migraines and am working on trying to get those under control. Unfortunately for me I have not found that place called hormonal balance yet and I seem to be one of the more difficult cases who is very sensitive to estrogen, but I am not giving up yet! I still find that my moods and sleep are better with estrogen than without. Just started trying Vivelle Dot last week and added Zoloft to help with some depression issues and the migraines.

I hope the Estrace works for you! Here is a list of symptoms of too much/too little estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone to help give you an idea of what kinds of symptoms to look for while you adjust to your hrt:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsarticle.php?id=97238
Hope this helps!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register