HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Air bubbles coming from urethra? Air bubbles coming from urethra?

Unread 09-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Air bubbles coming from urethra?

I saw a different urogyn yesterday b/c I'm still having problems with leaking & he said the TVT performed on me during my TVH failed. Anyway, I mentioned that several times during the day I have what feels like air bubbles coming out of my urethra. He acted like he had never heard of that & then we got sidetracked with something else & it didn't get brought up again. Has anyone else experienced this & what the heck is causing it? Thanks so much for any input anyone can give me on this!
Unread 09-19-2006, 08:50 PM

The only time I've experienced this is after a cystoscopy since some air can, and usually does get trapped inside the bladder.
If this were me I'd be back in the Dr's office asking for a thorough exam to rule out a small fistula (this can also cause air to be released through the urethra).

Take care,dear
diana
Unread 09-21-2006, 07:00 AM

I think I know what you are feeling because I have felt this before. I thought it might be a drop of urine coming out. But I am not sure. I have had urinary problems on and off for a few years. Now it seems to be a little worse, but I am holding off going to the urogyn. Not sure why, but I get tired of always going to the dr.
Good Luck.
Dottie
Unread 09-21-2006, 03:13 PM

There was a rather large thread about this not too long ago. I believe it was a thread by runningerin on 6/12/06. I'm not that computer literate so I don't know how to link it for you.
I talked to my Uro/Gyn about it because I had the same thing when after my second prolapse repair I needed to be recatheterized for retention. He told me he doesn't know why it happens but it could be little bladder spasms. I had a cystoscopy to make sure I didn't have a fistula. The bubbling disappeared about 3 months post-op.
It may be a good idea to contact your Dr to ask if you should come in to be checked. It's better safe than sorry.
Michelle
Unread 09-21-2006, 09:20 PM

There is another thread about this.....25 posts long. Search this forum for "bubbles from the urethra", you should find it. Allot of us have reported this to our doctors with no answers found. My doc said its not really possible except after certain procedures. I will testify that it is indeed possible, but doesn't happen anymore...go figure.

CJ

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.