HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Bladder bubbles (Air) Bladder bubbles (Air)

Unread 09-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Angry - Bladder bubbles (Air) Bladder bubbles (Air)

Hi,
I had a vesicovaginal fistula repaired after my hysterectomy in 2004. Now im wondering if anyone else has had this problem I’m having now? First of all my bladder is very tender hurts to pee plus feels like something is scratching and pushing on the urethra. Also after urinating I get like air bubbles that come out at first I thought I was wetting myself but that's not the case. It's just air coming out does anyone knows where air would be coming from or how it gets in the bladder? Any information anyone has would be great. (I do have a Dr. Appointment with my URO on Monday Oct, 2) Thank you
Christy
Unread 09-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Smile - Bladder bubbles (Air) Air Bubbles

Hi!
I had the very same thing with the air bubbles. It went away after a month, so don't worry. Several others on here have had the same problem. It takes time to heal. I'm still healing and I'm over 7 weeks post-op. I had a sling procedure with anterior & posterior repair. Take care
Unread 09-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Bladder bubbles (Air)

Hi... how long have you had this problem,azhoney? If your last surgery was in 04, is this a new happening - and has it suddenly developed?
Unread 09-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Bladder bubbles (Air)

Azhoney, I think it is something you should bring to your doc's attention. I've had on-again, off-again bladder issues but not the type you describe. Since it's been so long since your surgery, I'd be concerned that something new is going on. Best way to have your mind eased is to have a pro give you a good once over. Best wishes ~
Unread 09-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Bladder bubbles (Air)

Azhoney,

We should compare notes!!

I also had a VVF following my 2004 hyst, and had two repairs. I still get the air bubbles, so I am really interested in finding out what your uro has to say about it.

Whenever it happens, my gut reaction is "Oh no, not again!", thinking the VVF has come back once again. I used to wonder if it had anything to do with the long time I had a catheter or all those cystoscopies..like maybe something got stretched out too much!

Good luck at your dr appt, and please let me know what you find out.

Dee
Unread 09-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Bladder bubbles (Air)

Scriv,
This is a new problem that has been going on for about 2 months. The reason why I hadn't gone to the doctor yet is because I was waiting to get my insurance again. now I have it so I will be at the URO on monday. Thank you
Christy
Unread 09-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Bladder bubbles (Air)

Gordonk,
Thanks for the reply I will let you know how the Appointment goes on Monday!
Christy
Unread 01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Bladder bubbles (Air)

Hey! I know it's been awhile, but I just read this thread and am wondering what the doctor said!! This is an ongoing mystery for lots of us. My bubbling seems to be less and less. I think the "stretched-out" theory is a good one. DO YOUR KEGELS! I worry that troubles could resume down the road someday. Please let us know how you are doing...

Erin
Unread 01-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Angry - Bladder bubbles (Air) Sorry I took so long

Hello

Sorry it's been so long since I have replied. I have been going to the Dr. off and on getting test ect... My cysto showed a very bad infection in the bladder. My Dr. also thought he see a hole just not sure where the connection was. So he put on Cipro for 8 weeks to get rid of the infection but I still have it with lots of pain. I will be going for an IVP tomorrow to see if that hole the Dr. thought he seen is there. I sure hope it's not because he was worried that it's connected to the bowel because I have debri in my urine and a oily film in it as well. I won't know the results until Jan 11th, that's my next appointment. I just had a colonoscopy Dec 29 will find out those results this week I hope. I just can't even begin to think about another surgery like VVF repair the cath, pain ect... just scares me to death. Thanks again for all the replies I will keep you posted.
Christy
Unread 01-02-2007, 04:34 AM
Bladder bubbles (Air)

Wishing the best for you... Please let us know!

Erin

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.