HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

bladder nodules bladder nodules

Unread 10-01-2006, 11:53 PM
bladder nodules

Hi sisters...I finally got an appt with a uro/gyn after a few months of waiting. I have a sling and thought it was coming out. I have been having pain that has been increasing over time. I went to a University hospital in Denver and the doctor I saw was a professor so I feel pretty comfortable with her. Anyway, she says the sling is fine she doesn't see any signs of erosion or infection. What she did find was two very painful nodules on my bladder. She didn't say what she thought they were only that they need to come out ASAP. She scared me a little because it is happening so fast. I need an MRI, cystoscopy and something else I already forgot before the surgery and she asked me to bring my husband with me on the next visit. I had been made to feel bad by my primary care doctor about pain medication and she was like I'm sure you are in pain let me help you which I almost broke down in tears over. I have been having so much pain I am finding it difficult to take care of my family. She gave me percocet and when I take it it feels like I took tylenol helps the pain but I don't feel any other side effects which in the past I've taken it and it knocks me out. I think it is because of the level of pain I'm having.

Anyway anyone know what nodules could mean? I'm wondering about bladder cancer but I don't think I have the symptoms for that. She did not want to speculate and I didn't really ask. The only think she alluded to was a neuroma which I don't know what that is either.
I
Thanks for hystersisters it has helped me over the years with so many questions and I will look forward to any help from anyone.

Robbie
Unread 10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
bladder nodules

Robbie, it sounds like you've been in way too much misery. Do you know how soon your tests are scheduled and how soon your doctor wants to do surgery to remove the nodules? If you do an internet search for "bladder nodules" on Google, you can come up with several things. The main possibility I saw was actually 'endometriosis of the bladder'. Keep in mind, it IS only speculation which is what your doctor did NOT want to do. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and will send many +++ thoughts & extra S in your direction.....
Unread 10-02-2006, 11:52 PM
bladder nodules

thanks for the sympathy. I suffered severe endometriosis before my hysterectomy. I asked the doctor if she thought it could be endo and she said yes but in 25 years of practice she has only seen it once in that area. But it is painful and feels like endo to me and I know what it feels like. I hope to hurry up and get it all taken care of.

Thanks,
Robbie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.