HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

vag. discharge w/ no uterus??? Normal???? vag. discharge w/ no uterus??? Normal????

Unread 10-07-2006, 10:53 PM
vag. discharge w/ no uterus??? Normal????

I had a vaginal hysterectomy 6 weeks ago and am suprised that I still have discharge. Where is it coming from if I have no uterus? I also have vaginal burning and irratation, but am confused as to how I could have some type of vaginal infection. My husband and I certainly have not had sex post op., and this burning/itching came on after surgery and is not getting better.
My doc nicked my bladder during surgery and I had a catheter for 3 weeks. I am currently being treated for a bladder infection. Could that cause discharge, burning/itching and pain?
Unread 10-07-2006, 11:24 PM

Hey! I'm no expert, but I can't sleep tonight and just read your post. I was thinking two things....either a yeast infection as I am sure you've been on tons of antibiotics from your bladder problems. Or a bacterial infection. I would definitely call your doctor right away. He can get you on something to get you some relief. You've been through enough already.

Take care,

Rhonda
Unread 10-08-2006, 03:48 AM

Call the doctor...you still have your vagina...thus you can have an infection, right? You don't say what type of surgery you had, but with the catheter for 3 weeks and a bladder infection, my guess would definitely be yeast infection. Could that cause discharge, burning/itching and pain? Absolutely! See the doctor princess!
Unread 10-08-2006, 04:00 AM

Jodybe,
Go to your doc right now. He/She can give you something to fix that.
Take care
Petal
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:26 AM

I agree...the very best thing would be to call your doctor...the discharge, itching, burning could be from yeeast from antibiotics....also, eating yogurt will help you boost the good bacteria & get yeast under control ...but please call the doctor.
Hope this gets better soon.
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:43 AM

I agree, the antibiotics for the bladder infection have almost certainly caused a vaginal infection. Dont put up with it as it is easy to fix.
Unread 10-08-2006, 12:31 PM

Heya!! You have been having this for how long?? And not contacted your doc?? Good grief hun..call!!!! You still have the "vahoohoo" and still are apt to infections down there. You need to get out today if possible and get some yoguart, and start eating that, it help the bacteria clear up..and maybe get some over the counter....vaginal relief cream.....BUT most DEF> call your doc first thing tomorrow. PLEASE!!!! You cant let this go on, any kinda bacteria like this can spread ..and lead to more complications in the bladder or even rectum..it all meets one way or another hun. Good luck.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.