Halloween Tuesday, Oct 31st | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Halloween Tuesday, Oct 31st Halloween Tuesday, Oct 31st

Unread 10-31-2006, 03:55 AM
Talking - Halloween Tuesday, Oct 31st Halloween Tuesday, Oct 31st

Morning All

... this is my Halloween costume for the day Sure do miss being young and going trick or treating... hopefully we'll get lots of kids this year. It seems like each year we get less and less... sigh.

So... new day, and we do have dress up at work -- suppose to be the disco 70's... but we're using it as an excuse to dress in jeans We don't get many opportunities to do so. I'm going to bring my sneakers as today should be a lovely day and I'll be out at lunch time do my walk. Also, will get out this evening to walk the dogs with DH.

Food is good for the day:

B - kashi Cinniamon Harvest w/ soy milk
L - Lean Cuisine (salsbury steak)
D - pork tenderloin w/ green beans & salad
Ss - soy yogurt, apple, kashi protein bar, skinny cow ice cream

No running around after work today... just have things to get done in the house. We'll have DgS this weekend, and I like to get things done ahead of time so we can spend time with him... not that he minds helping out.

Here's hoping all make it through the day with just a few choice treats... and no tricks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2006, 04:21 AM
Halloween Tuesday, Oct 31st

Hi All!

Hi Sue I've not been able to get online much this week, its half term from school. Just grabbed the vacant chair, and logged on whilst everyone else busy!

We have a painter and decorator upstairs, doing DD#2s room, the roof is off and just awaiting the roofers back to put the new tiles on. We've also got some chap coming on thurs to tile kitchen floor, so tomorrow, I have to empty the kitchen
Didn't get to eat until 3pm yesterday, I was so busy, and took Billy for a good long walk last night, cos I felt sorry for him, stuck in the house all day!

gotta dash, DD wants her chair back I'll try and get back in later on! ...........
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:59 AM

Good Morning Fran and Sue .

Hope you both have a wonderful day, and that goes to all that follow.

We too have to dress up for work today. I picked something easy, and I can be comfortable as well... I am a Clairvoiant (sp) or Fortune Teller... I look all gypsied out and have a crystal ball on my desk. Its cool I guess, even though if it were my choice I wouldn't HAVE to dress up.
Anyway, Im going to eat some Raisin bran this morning with a banana. Today the whole building is having a pot luck, I love em, but I hate em. I will try real hard to stay away from the bad stuff, and eat just little bits of the really good stuff. I HOPE SOMEONE REMEMBERS VEGGIES AND FRUIT.
I walked yesterday for my lunch, it is supposed to be nice here in Colorado again today, I'll eat a small amount then go for a walk again today. Might just get something quick tonight, we usually are bombarded with little trick or treaters.
Hope you all have a fun day, and stay away from the chocolate monster. It's out in full force today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2006, 06:00 AM

Good Morning all,
I knew yesterday wasn't going to be good. The scales proved it just now. Today won't be good either. So I'll do my best and wait to get back on track on Wed. Should be easy sailing until Thanksgiving and then I think I'll hibernate until after New Year's. LOL.
Happy Trick or Treat Day
Brenda
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:23 AM

Hi BEST s
This is my costume
I am making home made popcorn balls today. The parents like them Our very close neighbors whose kids are too old to trick or treat still want the popcorn balls. I always make 2 or 3 batches. Last year our neighbor across the road tried to talk her DD into dressing up and coming to our house just to get one.
Food today will be OP
Oatmeal and soy milk for bkfst.
lunch is leftover cinnamon apples and chicken.
dinner is meatloaf
snack will be yogurt.
to all the new faces
I must go, I have a meeting at work at 1:00 and want to get as much done before I have to leave as I can. I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween and lots of Trick or Treaters. Our numbers are declining due to children growing up But, some of them who used to come now bring their little ones.
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:30 AM

Happy Hallowween Ladies!!!!!!!!!! This is my costume See how food gets in there somehow!

Was OP yesterday, went to Curves and had a decent amount of water. Today will be the same except I am skipping Curves and going for a walk with a friend of mine before we go out to lunch. No Halloweener's here tonight..........DH and I decided to stop taking them in as we get so many and run out of candy by 7:30. So we will hid away in my son's old bedroom and watch TV up there.

B was a yogurt and some cottage cheese with fruit, L will be out but OP and D will be leftover BBQ with a salad. No candy around here so my snacks will be some nuts and an apple.

Enjoy the day everyone! Boo!

Emily
Unread 10-31-2006, 08:00 AM

Hi BEST friends, sorry I've been MIA too, but I can guarantee I've not gone hungry. I've caught up on some at least.

Today I'm wearing a little pair of red sparkly horns that I picked up at the drugstore at 5 AM, and for our luncheon party I have an icky rubber mask to wear. I cleaned it off with antiseptic wipes before even trying it on. It's definitely in the spirit of Halloween, although I think the name of the mask is the Inquisitor. Truth is, it has lots of white hair which I thought would blend in with my own Also, we never get any trick-or-treaters at our house. In the past 19 years we actually had one set of kids ring the bell, and one pair of adult neighbors another year. I have a bag of treats JUST IN CASE but I'll be home a bit late because of Yoga, so I expect the treats will be mine or I'll bring them in to work, where I'll eat just as many.

Melissa I peeked at http://www.brawnyacademy.com/index-low.html
and just about fell off my chair. Must watch more of it, but apparently it's too long to watch at work. Lots of work issues piling up so I need to get to it.

Had a Smart Ones "Roast Beef" with broccoli for breakfast, very tasty and reasonably filling, 190 calories. Lunch will be way off plan, whatever my plan is (yeah, the "seafood diet" like see food, eat it, accompanied by the hand-to-mouth tic). I brought brownies (what else is new?).

Regarding those cake mixes with pumpkin - I think those recipes are in the recipe part of the HS BEST site somewhere. I remember trying them when I first joined, and I liked them a lot. Unfortunately DH LT and I ate entire batches of them, so we kinda missed the point.

to all our new BEST friends

Desk
Unread 10-31-2006, 09:41 AM

Today is the day I wear my Halloween shirt. It has ghosts, witches, vampires, and Frankenstein on it. No one is left out. I also wear my button that says, "THIS IS MY MASK." Ah- traditions.

I'm glad that the candy will be gone after tonight. (At least I hope we get a lot of beggars tonight!)

Today's exercise (since I've been in loads of pain and have a dr appointment with my GP tomorrow): laundry, grocery shopping and making dinner.

Today's food - well - not sure yet. Hopefully it will be healthy & full of fiber - -then topped off with a dose of candies from the bowl.

Tomorrow is the start of a new month and I will eat better!
Unread 10-31-2006, 11:47 AM

Ok, I confess.............shared a piece of peanut butter pie with my friend at lunch. Well, it was better than ordering a whole piece just for myself.

Em
Unread 10-31-2006, 03:09 PM

Hi Everyone! We got in yesterday morning on the red eye from Vegas. I'm getting too old to fly red eyes anymore. DH and I laid down and fell asleep until early afternoon, then spent the rest of the day raking and mowing leaves.
Today was trying to get unpacked, and get ready for trick or treaters. I usually get about 120 or so. I've got candy for 130. I give more away the later the evening gets. I don't like to have any left over.
I walked and walked and walked in Vegas, so lots of exercise, but lots of bad meals to go along with it. Oh well. It was fun. I rode the roller coaster at New York, NY, while DH was working. That was fun. We went up on the Eifel Tower at the Paris and watched the Bellagio fountain show from there. It's a different prospective.
Tomorrow is Curves and lots of walking. And better eating. I've got to get a handle on this soon.
I missed everyone this past week. DH's computer didn't like the hook up at the hotel. I got in once just for a while, but got kicked back out quickly. So I didn't try again.
Have a BEST OP day everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register