NEEDED - A well loved 2nd hand Hyster sisters book! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NEEDED - A well loved 2nd hand Hyster sisters book! NEEDED - A well loved 2nd hand Hyster sisters book!

Unread 05-27-2001, 09:12 PM
NEEDED - A well loved 2nd hand Hyster sisters book!

Hi guys!

I cant afford much money, but am willing to donate to this wonderful site in exchange for a copy of the hystersisters guide book!
Can any of you lovely post-op princesses help out a pre-op to be princess???

Love Terri
xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2001, 07:07 PM

Terri, send me your address and I would be happy to 'share' my book with you!!! Consider it a gift from one happy hyster sister to a future 'sister'.

Hugs,
Rita
Unread 05-29-2001, 07:43 AM
Need a book too

hi ladies I just noticed this post. I want a book soo bad but have been out of work for way too long was out 6weeks before surgery and still have until july 16th health permitting I may also be facing breast cancer too. I would love to have a hyster book if anyone else has one they would be willing ot give up for a small amount of money.
Thank-You
brenda5@suscom-maine.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2001, 08:19 AM

Thank-you to all who have replied to me both personally and on this board in my seeking of wisdom in the shape of a book!!
I have found my 'Fairy God-Hystersister' for a book, but PLEASE help other sisters who may not be able to afford to buy a book outright!
Maybe this thread could still continue to help others???

Love and Hugs!
Terri
xxx
Unread 05-29-2001, 08:33 AM
thank-you

Hi Just wanted to say thank-you soo much for your idea, I too have made te request for a low cost used book. Like you I cant afford to buy one new. I have so many diffrent things going on right now that most times Im not sure if Im coming or going and Im sure the book would be of great help.

brenda5@suscom-maine.net
Unread 05-29-2001, 09:08 AM

here's a suggestion:

If the book has an ISBN number, people wishing to sell it at low cost could list it at http://www.half.com . Of course that does not help keep hystersisters afloat through book sales, but it's a suggestion at any rate. Take it or leave it.
Unread 05-29-2001, 01:19 PM
I WILL HELP

I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE MY BOOK WITH THEM IT HELPED ME THROUGH ALL MY TOUGH TIMES. I WILL SEND AT MY COST, ANYTHING FOR A SISTER. E-MAIL ME I'LL SEND IT RIGHT AWAY.WITH LOTS OF LOVE AND A GREAT BIG

Albie66
LAVH MARCH 27,2001 CERVICAL CANCER 1A
Unread 05-29-2001, 05:13 PM
thank you

Just wanted to let you know another sister has offered me a book. thank you so much I think maybe there should be a place for sister like myself who cant afford the book to go and find it I think it would be a great way to recycle the books and help out fellow sisters
thank again brenda
Unread 05-30-2001, 07:01 AM
hello, Kathy, you listening?

Perhaps we could set up a place on the site, where a person needing and wanting a book could sign up stating their need, and sisters could buy a book from the store and have it shipped to them? That way, sisters would not have to exchange actual addresses, and it would still benefit the store......and we could all keep our books, with notes in the margins (tell me I'm not the only one who took notes!)

any takers????

Mary
Unread 05-30-2001, 07:18 AM

Mary, That sounds like a Wonderful Idea!! You will probally have to contact one of the Hostesses to see about doing that!! I know there are a lot of Sisters who cant afford any extra expenses at this time. Hopefully the Hostesses will alow us to do this!!! Great idea, way to go Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register