HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

No sex rule has brought us closer..anyone else? No sex rule has brought us closer..anyone else?

Unread 11-09-2006, 08:47 AM
No sex rule has brought us closer..anyone else?

I dont know about anyone else but i'm 3 weeks post op from a TAH with BSO. I know the rule of no intercourse until 6 weeks or released by doc. I worried about that at first because my husband is very sexual person, but since i've been feeling better each day I've come to realize how close my husband and i have become because of the different ways we find to "please" each other. Instead of the "wham bam thank you mam" that it used to be its very pleasurable and intimate and its nice. Of course I'm looking forward to having intercourse again but this is nice. My libido has never been so high, I look at my husband and get turned on, I find him extremely hot and cant keep my hands off of him, this is more wonderful than i ever expected. I was wondering if anyone else has felt this way since their surgery?
Unread 11-09-2006, 11:05 AM

Abstinence does make the heart grow fonder, don't you think? .......s......Deb
Unread 11-09-2006, 12:25 PM

Nope, not yet. I am only a week post op though. I would love to explore some of that, but I still hurt too much. In fact, I should be napping now!
Unread 11-09-2006, 01:18 PM

Yep, I, too, went through everything you just described!

Of course, after 5 weeks the libido dropped - so enjoy it while you have it! I just went and purchased some "feminine moisturizer" (K-Y) for those times when my MIND is turned on but my body is slower to pick up on it. We were just released on Tuesday to resume intercourse, and, of course, we've "overused" my poor boyfriend. Now, HE'S the one that is sore, and I'm laughing (on the inside, so as not to offend), because he didn't understand about my "female" parts hurting.

Sorry if that was too graphic for anyone. It wasn't my intent...

Enjoy the newfound intimacy - but DON'T FORGET IT when you get back to "normal" sex.
Unread 11-09-2006, 04:15 PM

Yes I found that it was lovely to find different ways in which to be intimate. I was only given the 'all clear' yesterday and DH and I had intercourse for the first time last night - it was lovely! I'm glad that I waited 8 weeks so that I knew I would be healed enough, but the 'frisson' of 'outercourse' whilst I was healing also made a very nice change in our relationship.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.