HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Pain in vagina and feeling like something is in vagiana Pain in vagina and feeling like something is in vagiana

Unread 11-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Pain in vagina and feeling like something is in vagiana

I had a laproscopic hysterectomy on Oct. 5 and still feel pain deep in vagina and usually only on left side. I also feel like something is inside my vagina. I have been to the surgeon twice and he has removed a stitch and says I am healing okay. I still take Motrin at times and it hurts to sit after awhile. The pain gets progressively worse as the day go on. I walked in a mall for about 1 hour (stop and go) at 21/2 weeks after surgery and I hurt badly inside after that and am concerned I caused permanent damage inside my vagina from doing that, I have been reading about the vaginal cuff and wonder if I have done something to it. I was told I could have gentle intercourse after a check-up at 1 month and I started to walk as exercise at the same month check up. I haven't had any pain from stomach incisions(that weren't normal). It is the vaginal pain sometime like a tampax is poking deep inside me and the feeling that something is inside me. HELP with any thoughts or information. THANKS Sue Ellen
Unread 11-14-2006, 11:11 AM

Hi Sue Ellen...it could be that you still have a stitch which is working its way out. Yours like mine seem a little reluctant to go easily! I had that same feeling as mine were going and it can take a while. If you have had a 4 week check up and were cleared for sex, your gyn is obviously not worried about your healing. I am pretty sure that walking like that at that time will not have harmed you.Walking does not do any harm, it is lifting heavy stuff that does. You would have just got overtired, but no damage I am sure.
Unread 11-14-2006, 02:01 PM

Did Your Doctor Remove All The Packing From Your Vagina?
Unread 11-14-2006, 03:07 PM

Hi,

I also had a sensation that something was in the vagina. It began about the 4th week and I mentioned it to my DR at my 4 week post op appt. He said all was fine. I was freaking out after reading posts about prolapses. I am now 8 weeks post op and the feeling has greatly diminished.

Good luck and take care

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.