HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Vibrating feeling...cell phone inside? Vibrating feeling...cell phone inside?

Unread 11-18-2006, 06:52 AM
Vibrating feeling...cell phone inside?

Okay, here goes. I haven't posted in a while, but this won't go away and it's making me a little crazy. I first noticed it several weeks ago when I was sitting in my chair at work. I thought my chair was vibrating. I kept feeling a vibration in my lowere pelvic area. This happened many times, but always in that chair so I thought it was something to do with my desk or computer. Now I have started noticing it at other times. I was just laying down on my couch waiting for my family to wake up when it began again. The best way to describe it is that if feels as if my cell phone is on vibrate inside my pants!! My cell phone is no where near me. Am I totally crazy? Has anyone felt something similar? I am over two months out from surgery. Maybe I should just call my dr and make sure he didn't lose his cell phone during my surgery (lol).

Hope this post finds everyone doing great.

Rhonda
Unread 11-18-2006, 07:57 AM

HI there,
I haven't had this problem but have been reading about it latetly. A quick google search turned up this.
Unread 11-18-2006, 08:00 AM

Oh My Gosh!!!! I'm soooo glad you posted this. I've been feeling the same thing but not only in my pelvic area but in my stomach up by my belly button. Never said anything because I was SURE everyone would think I'd totally lost the rest of my marbles!!!! Doesn't hurt, just feels wierd. Chalked it up to the healing process but am glad I'm not alone.

Lynn
Unread 11-18-2006, 09:54 AM

Yes I had this too but it was before surgery, about 2-3 months before. It's like a low electrical current. Mine was in the lower abdomen. I haven't noticed it since surgery but I am still numb in a lot of areas. You are not crazy it is real and sounds like we're not alone. I am going to read the google search now.
Unread 11-18-2006, 10:30 AM

I have experienced this as well, and so has my hubby! Not just a woman thing. Going to read the article myself. Oh, I haven't felt it since surgery either. ~Anju
Unread 11-18-2006, 10:33 AM

Ok

I rule out the cell phone for myself. I don't ever keep mine on vibrate, nor do I keep it in my pocket lol. ~Anju
Unread 11-18-2006, 10:45 AM

I get this in my hand. I am not out and about so have not expereiced anything else yet.I think with my hand it came from work, from repetive motion but I notice it more now. Its like a vibrating sizzle. I went to PT along time ago for something else and I remember they would ask if the injury sizzled and people would talk about it. Maybe its some type of trauma reaction.I never understood it until I recently have it now. I thought these people are nuts. Hey...we are all so loopy later maybe you should call your cell phone.You may have swallowed it and have been trying to get a signal from your computer mouse or something. Ha ha! Good Luck I will give your tummy a gingle!
Unread 11-18-2006, 12:12 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about! I started with the same feeling about 2 months after my c-section. Called the DR because it was so weird. He said it was from the nerves that are regenerating and was completely normal. I have had it on and off since then. Haven't felt it yet since my hyst, but then again everything is still numb, waiting for it to wake up, but I am expecting to feel it again.
Unread 11-18-2006, 03:44 PM

I checked out the google search and I rule out the cell phone syndrome also. Mine is always in my purse and never on vibrate. However, I am so glad to hear other people say they know what I am talking about. What did people do before they could get on the internet, go to a website like this, and get immediate feedback to let them know that they were not going crazy. This is faster, cheaper, and less embarrassing than calling my dr over every little concern I have.

Thanks everyone and have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

Rhonda
Unread 11-18-2006, 04:46 PM

I've had so many strange feelings in my body since my surgery, and this is one of them. I'm glad to find out I'm not crazy!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.