HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

I had a party I had a party

Unread 11-22-2006, 07:30 AM
I had a party

I am, today, 2 weeks post-op and I can say that after what seemed like an eternity of hell, I am glad to be alive again when I wake up in the morning.

Oh sure, my belly swells (it looks more like my Dr. implanted our neighbor's beer belly than a cute little swelly belly to me) And, I think mostly because of my horsepill antibiotics I can't go long and have to plan outings around bathroom locations, but I'm veritical more than horizontal these days.

One thing that helped me tremendously through ths ordeal was that right before I went into the hospital, I gave myself a "Uterus' Coming Out" party and I invited only my closest women friends to attend.

What a magical night that was as we shared stories, jokes, laughter and support. Perhaps this thread should go into pre-op but my goodness, the thought of the night carried me during times when I didn't have the strength to do it myself.

We all knew women were strong but to have such deonstrable proof of it was divine. As a direct result of this party, I've had continued support from friends that might not have even known I went in. And the greatest compliment I received from "coming out" with my condition is that since my party, two women have come up to me and confessed that they had problems down yonder but had never told anyone. Such a gift, that these women trusted me and felt that if I could talk about it, then they could also.

I'm glad to be once again among the living.
Unread 11-22-2006, 09:01 AM
I had a party

How sweet to have such good friends.

Lena
Unread 11-22-2006, 12:26 PM
I had a party

Bless you, penny-brook!! What a good feeling it must be to know that you maybe helped 2 other women possibly avoid serious problems or illness. And I wish I would have thought of having a "uterus coming out party"!!! What a wonderful idea!! Tipping my glass to you, sister!!!!!!!!! lots and lots of
Unread 11-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I had a party

I think we should have a two week party. Hope your doing well.
Unread 11-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I had a party

wow! someone else who had surgery on the same day as mine.

My party today was to go out to the local pie shop to buy four pies for tomorrow. My son carried the pies to the car and voila, my 2 week post-hysterectomy Thanksgiving baking is done.
Unread 11-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I had a party

Hello!! I'm another 2 weeker!! On my "anniversary", I headed out with my dad to claim all the medical bills and had lunch. Here in Sydney it was nearly 40 degrees ( i think that's around 100 fahrenheit for you Americans!!) so it was quite unpleasant. Can I ask, are you still walking funny? I walk like I have something stuck up my butt!! I wonder when will I be able to walk normally? Happy healing!!
Unread 11-22-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm there

Yup, still walking funny, still getting up from a chair funny and still gingerly sitting down funny.

I'm not healed by a long shot yet but oh, I don't think I'm going to die anymore.

Perhaps the most annoying part is the constant drip drip of the leaky pipes. The wet keeping the pad moist is giving well, I'm afriad a bit of diaper rash. I'm assuming that because I was catheterized that things have been bruised and stretched out a bit but won't that be a kicker if I traded in a painful and dysfunctional uterus only to become incontinent? sigh
Unread 11-22-2006, 05:44 PM
I had a party

I think it would be a good idea for you to put this post is pre-op. I tried to have a pre- surgery party but appently my so called friends forgot why we were going out and they all ditched the girls only party for guys at the bar.( I'm married, the only one in the group) I ended up feeling that I would have been better off spending the night out with dh. who is my best friend anyway and was the most supportive person for me. Anyway I'm not getting down the point is I think that it would be great to let pre-opers know how good it can make you feel to have a goodbye uterus party. That way they go to the castle and go though recovery with a great feeling and good memories like you did.
C
Unread 11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I had a party

I too did a pre-party...although mine was to celebrate my birthday as I knew that I would not feel like drinking champagne five days after surgery. Little did I know that I would not be able to drink any at my party either

My party was at one of my accounts, a wine shop. My friends each brought a food item (I sent each of them a recipe) and I brought the wine. It was a lot of fun, even if I was the only one drinking Pomegranate juice. LOL!

Glad to hear that all of you are feeling good.

Aussie-angel....I am so glad that you are in Australia and not me. Whew! I could not deal well with a 100 F degree temperature. Ugh! I am a big fan of our US late fall into winter. Not a fan of Spring and summer at all.
Unread 11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
I had a party

I too had a party with my friends the night before! And we were parting on the same night!!! It was so nice to get out and put the worries of the surgery out of yiour mind for a while and have some fun...We decided that after my recovery we are going to make it a monthly Girl's Night Out, and just have fun...

I too am still walking funny. Because I am a fluffy princess, my incision is under my belly that folds over, and it is having a hard time healing. It is open in an area and is still draining. My Dr. says it is normal, but put me on a weeks worth of antibiotics to be safe. Each day gets easier and easier, but I have a long road ahead before returning to work full time.

Tonya

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.