Lots of Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lots of Questions Lots of Questions

Unread 11-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Lots of Questions

Hello everyone, I've just been scheduled for a LAVH BSO on 12/21. 5 years ago I had a Tram Flap reconstruction after BC. Has anyone else had a successful LAVH after Tram? Dr. says there's a possibility I'll wake up with a bikini cut. Also will I feel okay for xmas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Lots of Questions

There is ALWAYS a possibility of waking up with a bikini cut when going in for any type of lap hyst. They tell you that to cover themselves in case there is a complication and they have to open you up to fix it.
I had an LAVH and did not wake up with a smiley - as the majority of women don't. A small few on this site have been converted so it does happen - but it is rare.
Will you feel ok for Christmas? Everyone is different. I was in the hosp for four days because of comps. I felt very tired, worn and in pain. BUT the pain pills they give you will help you to feel ok and tiredness can be warded off with naps.
You will need lots of rest and surely will not be plopping a turkey in the oven or anything nor being a hostess.
If you can, make up a nice sitting place in a recliner, wear a santa hat, have others bring you presents and ENJOY Christmas this year instead of working it. Let others pamper you and accept it.
Think of your hyst as your gift to yourself and your husband. Starting a new year without the troubles of the past.
You can enjoy yourself even though you will be fresh out surgery. You just have to let others do the work for a change.
Unread 11-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Lots of Questions

With Christmas being only 4 days after your surgery, you may want to consider "celebrating" the week before??? Just a thought
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Lots of Questions

I just had a successful LAVH/BSO after a TRAM which was done in 2000. My doctor told me she would try but I may wake up with a TAH, but as she said she was a woman on a mission and she took her time and was able to do everything Laproscopically and Vaginally. I did have a bad hematoma after surgery which they did have to close but used the same incision as for the trocar. I have 3 1/4 incicions on my tummy one in my belly button LAVH/BSO) is a go. Lynn
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Lots of Questions

hey as a p.s. since you have had a TRAM - if you do have this as a LAVH/BSO - this will be a walk in the park compared to the tram.
There is no other surgery compared to a tram especially if you had it with the mastectomy like I did. Piece of cake. Lynn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register