HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

2 weeks post-op and terrible pain and cramping 2 weeks post-op and terrible pain and cramping

Unread 12-05-2006, 10:47 AM
2 weeks post-op and terrible pain and cramping

This is my first post here. I had an emergency abdominal hysterectomy on November 20th. I went in for a lap. for possible endo. and woke up 4 hours later finding out I have a left ovary and my cervix remaining. My uterus was swollen and was swelling backward and down and had no more room to go. My tubes were both twisted and my right ovary was twisted and swollen. I was a mess. I had adhesions, fibroids, endo and adenomyosis.

Saturday afternoon (this past Saturday) I began having sharp pain on the left side of my incision (vertical on belly) and terrible cramping. I called the oncall doc and he told me to come to the hospital where I had my surgery (an hour away). I got to the ER in terrible pain, it took them an hour to get me into triage (they took a girl with a sprained ankle that came in AFTER me before me). Anyhow, they did a ct scan and said I have a blood clot the size of a fist and a ton of fluid in my abdomen. They admitted me. When they stopped giving me anything else for the pain that actually worked, I insisted that they discharge me home. I mean, if I wasn't going to get pain relief, at least I could be in my own bed.

I'm still in major pain from the clot and fluid. They told me not to worry, that it would resolve itself. Well, the pain has started to spread and I'm having diarrhea (tmi I know). I told them that before I left the hospital, but they didn't seem concerned.

I've also got IC (interstitial cystitis) so I have more pain now after my surgery.

What will they do for the blood clots and/or fluid? Do I have to just ignore the pain?

Thanks in advance,

Sheryl
Unread 12-05-2006, 01:31 PM

Welcome to the boards. I have no idea about the clots/fluid, but you need a . Hang in there and don't be afraid to be a pest to the doctor. Call and ask your questions. That's why they get paid. If you just have to wait and see, then ask for some better pain control. You shouldn't have to just sit around in pain.

more s

carrie
Unread 12-05-2006, 01:40 PM

did they give you antibiotics? -- some of them can cause loose stools (as can many other meds as well)
hematoma's are a more common comp than one would think....
the blood clot is a hematoma -- yes?
if so, post asking about it as others that have had them will answer your questions with more knowledge
i hope you start to feel better soon

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway