HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Trigger point injections Trigger point injections

Unread 12-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Trigger point injections

I am either facing the trigger point injections or another surgery to see if adhesions are the problem
with my pelvic pain, anyone who has had the injections
can you please tell me how helpful they were, and
if any of you think the surgery for adhesions helped.
Unread 12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Trigger point injections

I had trigger point injections prior to my lap to remove adhesions. The doctor shot them directly into my scar from the TAH/BSO. I found it so painful that I fainted and he couldn't finish. I then had a lap to remove major adhesions. That was nine months ago and I know the adhesions are back. I have that constant, tugging, feeling like something is just too tight by my bladder. where everything was cemented together. The pain is not anywhere near as bad as it was before the adhesion surgery, but I am afraid that it is just a matter of time before they get back to that extent. Unfortunately, more surgery = more chances for adhesions to grow. This becomes a real catch 22 situation. I feel for you, emotionally & physically.
Unread 12-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Trigger point injections

I haven't had trigger point injections, but for the last couple of months I've been doing trigger point therapy on my lower abdomen and pelvic area with great results. Before that I had a constant pulling sensation and aching where my scar was which was adversely affecting my bladder. Since doing the therapy it is just so much better. I'm thrilled with what this therapy has done for me.

All the very best.
Unread 12-20-2006, 04:42 AM
Trigger point injections

I had trgger point injection, directly in my vagina. I did numb the area, But i have alot of pressure also, and it did nothing for that. It was painful, not too bad, and I did bleed for a day or so. I dont know about having them in your abdomen. I would try. Cant hurt . Sue
Unread 12-20-2006, 04:59 AM
Trigger point injections

Oh yes, it can HURT! Like I said, it caused me to faint! The problem was, it caused the scar tissue to go into a spasm. The only relief I got was about one hour. It is like novacaine, it doesn't last. I have read that some woman get more permanent relief, I cause if they hit the proper nerve. You can try it, maybe it will help, but I just don't want you to think it is a walk in the park. Thankfully, I had my husband with me, as there was no way I could have driven myself home.
Unread 12-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Trigger point injections

I have had trigger point injections directly into my lower right abdomen to help relieve pain due to ilioinguinal neuralgia. I have also had trigger point injections directly into the right and left posterior vagina twice within 4 weeks. The injections are uncomfortable but not unbearable. Sad to say that neither worked to relieve pain for more than a few hours. If it had a more lasting relief I would not have hesitated to have the injections again.
I think you should give it a try. It's a noninvasive procedure that just may work for you. What have you got to lose?
Michelle
Unread 01-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Trigger point injections

Had them, didn't like getting them....they working locally for a few hours maybe a day too bad though, could have been wonderful instead of surgery
Unread 01-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Had Them 2 days ago

I had some abdominal injections a few days ago .... they are still trying to find the nerve that is causing the issues. I believe they are helping somewhat. Some of the pain is diminished but not all of it. They weren't too painful to have done - but they have made me feel very sore near the injection points for 2 days now. I had them in my back before the holidays and it helped a lot...so much that I was in awe when they wore off at how much the pain is in my lower back and legs. I don't think you have much to loose by trying them - it seems either they work or don't - good luck.
Unread 01-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Trigger point injections

I've had a couple surgeries to remove adhesions - unfortunately surgery creates adhesions so having surgery to remove adhesions can cause more adhesions to develop. During my surgeries my doctor used mesh to help prevent adheisions but some still develop.

I have had several trigger point injections, several epidural injections, and a radio frequency nerve ablation - some of the injections did help a bit but I am sorry to say the pain relief was brief - the longest period of pain relief I had was about 7-8 weeks.

I wish you the best - I hope you get some answers and relief.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Trigger point injections

well I too am suffering from adhesions. I am going to physical therapy for them. Twice a week for the last month about lasting through the first week of April. It does seem to help sometimes but most of the time it doesn't. I had a tripto the ER 2weeks ago for some pain in my pelvic/abdomen area that was by far the worst pain i have ever felt. After an overnight stay and 2 ct scans they said "your appendix is fine you can go home"....so now i am dealing with it and it stinks!!! My gyn is now sending me to GI dr she thinks i have IBS...I just want the pain to stop!!! So how did you ladies get the trigger point injections? Were they for adehsions or nerve damage?...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway