The closer the date gets, the more nervous I am | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The closer the date gets, the more nervous I am The closer the date gets, the more nervous I am

Unread 12-22-2006, 09:48 AM
The closer the date gets, the more nervous I am

I've been buzzing around the house trying to get it "spotless" as I know that dh will do minimal on all of that, and it will drive me CRAZY all of the things that I know will be out of place and not being able to do much about it for a while. I have my overnight bag for the hospital stay ready as my doc told me I'd most definitely be staying overnight for observation, etc. This wait is driving me batty!!!! I've also been in process of trying to quit smoking, and this wait is making it difficult, but I'm doing my best to stick to my guns and having a pepermint disk vs. a smoke.

I'm going to stitch together a quick blanket to take w/ me as I know from when I had a TL that warm blankets are far & few between sometimes...plus part of the fabric is from one of my DH's uniforms, so it will definitely be a comfort (I've already used the same material to make a tummy pillow). Sorry to be rambling, but typing is keeping my hands and mind occupied. Thanks for listening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi turbsgrl94

Hang in there girl! I know what you mean as I felt the same way before surgery! You are taking on alot with trying to quit smoking too. Good for you! Sounds like you have some neat things to take with you to the castle. Good thinking !

It will be good if you can close your eyes to some things on the home front the first week or so. I have a "grabber thingy" that gives me a 3 foot extra reach so that I don't have to bend over. It really made a difference in how I felt after the surgery - I could pick some things up off the floor or overhead or even on the table beside my bed/couch. Our DHs are precious and helpful, but there are certain things that they just don't see that can drive a bed-ridden DW a bit crazy. One thing to remember is to ASK for anything you need or would like to see done. It's not easy to ask for what we need, but it is imperative! And your DH will thank you for it. He will probably want to do things to help make you feel better. Take some deep breathes and try to relax a bit. Does the Bible give you peace? The book of Psalms is one of those books that can give peace and help you to turn your fears and anxieties over to God. And it only takes a few moments to read! Also, Phillipians 4:6-7. God gives us enough grace to get through one day at a time, so it helps not to project ourselves into the future! I hope you feel better, turbsgrl94 - Prayers and Blessings to you!
Unread 12-22-2006, 11:49 AM

Hi - I'm getting close, too. I'm going to spend Christmas Day cleaning and doing laundry. We hired a house cleaner for the month of January - actually a friend's mom who cleans houses. I know it will make me nuts not being able to even put dishes away. I'm trying hard to let it go. My good SIL is going to come over and help with some things at the house. I know I will not get everything done, and that's just life. I know that I will have so many other things to focus on like getting better that hopefully all those nagging ittle things will be put out of my mind. I'm scheduled to be in for two nights and three days.

Many blessings to you! You will do great on your trip to the castle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2006, 11:52 AM

Yeah, I was nervous too. Once the decision is made, waiting becomes the hard part! Good for you to get things in order at home. It will be a nice weight off your mind to start with a clean slate. Good luck with quitting smoking too! My thoughts are with you, the other gals coming up for a trip to the castle, and other sisters who are home again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register