HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Cough and sneeze and leak Cough and sneeze and leak

Unread 02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Cough and sneeze and leak

That is what I had done, and when they did the LAVH they found that my bladder went right back where it was supposed to be, so I only needed a urethra sling for stress incontinence.

That sling is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can go 10 hours overnight without having to go the bathroom and 4-5 hours during the day.

Good luck.

Renee
Unread 02-09-2007, 11:49 AM

Oh, that is great new Renee. I hope I have the same results. Sally
Unread 02-09-2007, 03:52 PM

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Sally, I would cross my legs, but I kinda like not having to do that (LOL).

Best of luck on the 13th, I'll be thinking of you.

Renee
Unread 02-09-2007, 03:55 PM

Thanks Renee. Sally
Unread 02-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the information. I have had incontinence issues for about 30 yrs, wear a pad everday. Very early on went to see a urologist, and at the time I was pretty heavy and he said that even if I went in for any kind of repair it would likely fall again, so I just sort of forgot about it. Fast forward 30 yrs, another pregnancy, MS diagnosis, and now scheduled for a complete hyserectomy. My best friend told me to tell my Dr about it, and I did ... at my presurgey checkup 3 days before scheduled surgery. That cancelled the surgery, while I got set up for urodynamic testing. First available appt 1 month later. I read the DR's description of the test and I thought, "What ? They are going to do what, and they want me to do what?." Feel like I will be checking whatever dignity I have left at the door. My neurologist said it was a good idea though, and wants a copy of the results sent to him as well. It did give me time to work through psychological issues that needed to be addressed before the surgery though. The day the surgery had originally been scheduled, I woke up, elated, thrilled that I didn't have to go to the hospital. Felt like I had escaped something awful. The next day I spent some quiet time thinking about why I felt that way. I journaled about it, and discovered it had do to with the good things I remembered about my female organs. the miraculous moments. I wrote about those and the decision I had made easily and without regret when I had a tubal ligation, and why I had done that. Then I wrote about the things that I associated my repoductive organs with now and why. After that, I was OK. Ready to go ahead with this thing. More than ready. Now I just want it over and done with. Now I have to go through this testing first though, before they can reschedule the surgery. Last time they asked me if I wanted it scheduled right away or could it wait. I told them to schedule it as far ahead as possible. Now, I will tell them to make it as soon as they get the results of the test back. Do you remember how long it took to get the results back?

You have been a big help.

Thanks,
Mo
Unread 02-24-2007, 06:56 PM

that eurodynamic test was quite interesting wasn't it?
Unread 02-24-2007, 06:58 PM

My Doc gave me the results immediately after the test
Unread 02-24-2007, 07:51 PM

I told my lovely doc about leaking with sneezing or coughing before the surgery, it's been this way off and on since I had my dd, and she's 15. She told me NOT to worry about it. Now, I'm wearing a pad every day. I wish she had told me before hand. I have to go back in to see her this next week. Think I'm gonna ream her a new one over this mess, now that I know that it could have been fixed when they had me laid wide open on that danged table.

Good luck Vervette,
Char
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vervette
Thanks for the information. I have had incontinence issues for about 30 yrs, wear a pad everday. Very early on went to see a urologist, and at the time I was pretty heavy and he said that even if I went in for any kind of repair it would likely fall again, so I just sort of forgot about it. Fast forward 30 yrs, another pregnancy, MS diagnosis, and now scheduled for a complete hyserectomy. My best friend told me to tell my Dr about it, and I did ... at my presurgey checkup 3 days before scheduled surgery. That cancelled the surgery, while I got set up for urodynamic testing. First available appt 1 month later. I read the DR's description of the test and I thought, "What ? They are going to do what, and they want me to do what?." Feel like I will be checking whatever dignity I have left at the door. My neurologist said it was a good idea though, and wants a copy of the results sent to him as well. It did give me time to work through psychological issues that needed to be addressed before the surgery though. The day the surgery had originally been scheduled, I woke up, elated, thrilled that I didn't have to go to the hospital. Felt like I had escaped something awful. The next day I spent some quiet time thinking about why I felt that way. I journaled about it, and discovered it had do to with the good things I remembered about my female organs. the miraculous moments. I wrote about those and the decision I had made easily and without regret when I had a tubal ligation, and why I had done that. Then I wrote about the things that I associated my repoductive organs with now and why. After that, I was OK. Ready to go ahead with this thing. More than ready. Now I just want it over and done with. Now I have to go through this testing first though, before they can reschedule the surgery. Last time they asked me if I wanted it scheduled right away or could it wait. I told them to schedule it as far ahead as possible. Now, I will tell them to make it as soon as they get the results of the test back. Do you remember how long it took to get the results back?

You have been a big help.

Thanks,
Mo
All dignity was gone at the time I had kids LOL

The testing was fine for me. The tester was a love and she made it soo easy for me

I knew what I had that day, but had to meet with the Uro to go over the results a week later. The meds are working great so I do not need anything done

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.