HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Natural Remedies for Night Sweats??? Natural Remedies for Night Sweats???

Unread 01-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Natural Remedies for Night Sweats???

I have horrible night sweats. I have read on the internet that increased calcium along with magnisum helps. Also, read that vitamin b complex and vitamin c are helpful. Any comments on this? Thanks!

Janet
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:13 AM

Hey Janet,
I am in the same boat. My Dr. told me to take over the counter estroven, and drink a cup of soy milk every day.
She told me to be careful of the extra vitamin E I can't
remember why.
She said it will take at least 2-4 weeks to see any improvement, if there is non and I still have the night
sweats and waking problems, she said she will put me on
a low dose estrogen only patch for 6 months to get over
the "surgical menopause" hump and then wean me off.
I keep a glass of ice water next to my bed, but a lot of
good that does...it makes you get up and pee more often! What a vicious circle huh? Good Luck!
We're all in this together Stacy
Unread 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM

I take a double dose of Vit E....I think that there was study about heart conditions and Vit E....but, it seems to help with the sweats. I am not allowed to take the OTC remedies, they contain soy which mimics estrogen and black cohosh. I have a friend who swears by them!!!!
Unread 01-03-2007, 02:57 PM

Cotton bed clothes, leaving a leg outside of the covers, and a ceiling fan is what I use for the mild night sweats I am starting into. Hopefully they don't get worse when I get into menopause! I think I am just starting into perimenopause now... just started missing periods etc. WHEW and it only gets better right???
Unread 01-04-2007, 06:19 AM

THanks Pam, the vitamin e is on my list to buy, worth a try!!!
Unread 01-08-2007, 04:18 PM

My PCP said to stop the Vitamin E because of Heart complications. But if I wanted to get extra vitamin E in my diet that was ok. It seems there is a problem with supplemental Vitamin E only.
Hang in there, good luck.
Unread 01-08-2007, 10:09 PM

Fish oil. Try fish oil instead of E.
Unread 01-11-2007, 10:30 PM

jqjanet,

I have a few suggestions that may help you.

I suggest the hot flash cocktail. It is on the hormone jungle tab. It has helped me alot with hot flashes.

I also use a few other things. I use vitex, natural progesterone cream, and natural estrogen creme.

Shortly after I had my hyster someone from the boards suggested the Chillow. It is worth it.. I love mine. I bring it with me every where.

Best of luck finding what works best for you.

Sharon
Unread 01-18-2007, 03:01 PM

Since I can't start HRT for three to six months (and not sure I'm going to) I asked my doc if I could use an herbal drug and he said "yeah you can try any of that over the counter stuff". So last night (after putting up with hot flashes and night sweats since my hyst on Dec. 4) I decided to purchase some of the Estrovan PM and I could tell a difference after one tablet! It seems as though the hot flashes were not as "hot" and I slept quite a bit better. I had been waking up at around 2:00-2:30 a.m. every night, but last night the first time I woke up was 4:30 a.m. this morning! You take one tablet at bedtime and that's it. It was definately worth a try to me!
Unread 01-19-2007, 11:15 AM

I had them terribly too, having to change my night clothes (cotton t's) from 5-10 x's/night. It was awful. I started remifemin 2x/day because I had a free sample box of it and noticed a difference within the week. I was amazed and haven't had to change clothes at night in @ 1 1/2 weeks. I know everyone's situation is different but I feel like I stumbled on a good thing for me.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.