HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Vaginal Prolapse after hysterectomy ?? Vaginal Prolapse after hysterectomy ??

Unread 01-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Vaginal Prolapse after hysterectomy ??

These questions are for my sister, she had a Vaginal Hyster with removal of cervix, kept ovaries and tubes. The following is her first post to this site:

Since her surgery which was 9 months ago, she has felt like she could not do kiegals as instructed by doc, next was constipation that did not improve with laxatives or natural remedies, still have constipation, during normal pushing while constipated, felt as though a tampon was inserted wrong, and it was pushing the tampon out instead of the bowel movement. Now after all these mos. I have started having urinary incontinence while walking. Tampon feels like half in half out now, I inserted index finger into vagina 1/2 in. approx. and could feel pillow like membrane that I could move up down and sideways daily, it feels as though I have put a super tampon that is dry inserted incorrectly, that is how I feel, but nothing is out, something is not right?? I am scared has anybody else had this happen after a hyster with removal of cervix and uterus. Has anybody had another corrective surgery with a bridge or mesh that has been successful for many years after the surgery, without having the same problems reoccur to only have repeated surgeries. I live in SLC Utah, do any of you sisters out there know of a good OB/GYN in that area and/or surgeon?? Thanks in advance for your prompt responses as I am scared and need to get this fixed asap. My insurance is lapsing.
P.S. Single and do not have sex so no reason for me to feel like this??? If I ever did have sex I wonder if the condition I have now, would cause a complete prolapse out??? SCARED
Unread 01-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Vaginal Prolapse after hysterectomy ??

Hi Racefan48
It is so kind of you to bring your sister's needs here. It's a little difficult to know how to answer your questions for her. I hope she will be able to join herself so she can receive the support she needs first-hand.
I had a rectocele repaired with my hyst so I can relate to a few of the things she's experiencing. I also had a bladder sling done to help me deal with incontinence. Both procedures have been totally successful for me. It's been over two yrs now with no problems.

I wonder if your sister has seen her dr about any of these problems as they have occurred. I'm so sorry to hear how she is suffering with all this. It sounds like she needs to seek medical attention and find out exactly what's causing all this. I would even encourage her to get more than one opinion. There seems to be a lot going on. I can't help but wonder what medical care she has had as all this has progressed.

In the resource section here there is a lot of good information about Pelvic Organ Prolapse . I would suggest you do some reading and try to inform yourself as much as possible. This will help her understand and be a part of making decisions when she sees a dr.

It isn't uncommon for prolapse to occur after a hyst. There are just so many factors here it's very hard to say what might be happening with your sister. I would suggest you start asking all the women around you for a recommendation of a dr. When we first moved here and I was seeking a dr I found there were names that came up over and over. A dr. who is well liked by a lot of women is a pretty safe one to try, since you don't know who to see right now. If you have an ask-a-nurse service you can call and ask who in her area handles problems like this.
We can't post the names of doctors on the message boards, but if you want members to e-mail or PM you with suggestions, that's okay. You may also want to start a new thread in the Utah Neighborhood Forum so members with suggestions can contact you off the message board.

I hope you can find a dr soon and she can find out exactly what's causing all this. Please let us know if you learn more.
's, Rita

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.