HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Uknown mass in uterine wall with fluid, help!! Uknown mass in uterine wall with fluid, help!!

Unread 01-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Uknown mass in uterine wall with fluid, help!!

My gyno examined me and said my uterus felt heavy. The he did a sonogram and found a mass with a fluid sac in the wall of it. We did a couple more sonograms watching for any size increase through the holidays. Each sonogram showed a small increase in size. It appears as if the mass is excreting the fluid sac. My gyno isn't sure if the mass is a fibriod because he's never seen one that excreted fluid. Because it's in my uterine wall he's unable to positively identify it. It's causing me a lot of pain and pressure. He's recommending a hysterectomy.

Has anyone else had this condition? Or heard of a fibriod that excreted fluid like this in the uterine wall? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Unread 01-13-2007, 03:07 PM

I hesitate to post this. I don’t want to scare anyone. This is my experience only, but may open up questions for you to pose to your doctor.

I’m post menopausal and had some spotting the first of October. It lasted about a week. My doctor scheduled a sonogram which showed a small fibroid, and what they thought was a very small polyp in a fluid filled sac. End of November, I had an out patient procedure to remove the fibroid and the polyp. At that time, the gynecologist thought everything was fine. But the biopsies came back that the polyp was cancerous.

I was referred to a gyn-oncologist. Surgery was performed Jan 4. The final pathology is very favorable.

If there is even a remote chance this could be cancer, please do everything you can to be referred to a gyn-oncologist. They deal with this all the time and can make a big difference.

If I can answer any questions, please feel free to send me a private message. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lyn
Unread 01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Unknown mass in uterine wall

I had a TAH-BSO Jan. 8 because an increase in the size of my endometrium was discovered along with a fluid mass. We had been watching an ovarian cyst that was stable and a rather large fibroid. I had NO symptoms at all other than 2 1/2 years ago a pain on my right side that I thought was a pulled muscle from working out. My GYN recommended a trans-vaginal sonogram which I have had semi anually for the past 2 1/2 years. The last one showed an endometrial increase. A biopsy came back positive for cancer...She said, as a result of our watching it so closely, it was probably developing "as we speak". The surgeon agreed. So far, the results are that, because we were so vigilant, we caught everything in time. A hysterectomy if needed is a small price to pay for quality of life. Good luck to you.
Unread 01-15-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Walker
I hesitate to post this. I don’t want to scare anyone. This is my experience only, but may open up questions for you to pose to your doctor.

I’m post menopausal and had some spotting the first of October. It lasted about a week. My doctor scheduled a sonogram which showed a small fibroid, and what they thought was a very small polyp in a fluid filled sac. End of November, I had an out patient procedure to remove the fibroid and the polyp. At that time, the gynecologist thought everything was fine. But the biopsies came back that the polyp was cancerous.

I was referred to a gyn-oncologist. Surgery was performed Jan 4. The final pathology is very favorable.

If there is even a remote chance this could be cancer, please do everything you can to be referred to a gyn-oncologist. They deal with this all the time and can make a big difference.

If I can answer any questions, please feel free to send me a private message. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lyn
DEAR LYN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. FIRST MY DOCTOR TOLD ME HE THOUGHT THE MASS AND THE FLUID SAC IN THE WALL OF MY UTERUS LOOKED LIKE A POLYP. NOW HE CALLS IT A FIBROID.
MY UNDERSTANDING IS FIBROIDS DONT EXCRETE FLUID.
WAS YOUR POLYP IN THE WALL OF YOUR UTERUS ?
HE HAS DONE DIFFERENT TEST BUT BECAUSE WE CANT SEE IT BECAUSE OF ITS LOCATION HE FEELS IT SHOULD
COME OUT. WE HAVE A HISTORY OF CANCER IN MY FAMILY. IF YOU DONT MIND TELLING ME, WHERE ARE YOU IN YOUR TREATMENT KNOW ?
Unread 01-15-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Walker

Lyn
DEAR LYN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. FIRST MY DOCTOR TOLD ME HE THOUGHT THE MASS AND THE FLUID SAC IN THE WALL OF MY UTERUS LOOKED LIKE A POLYP. NOW HE CALLS IT A FIBROID.
MY UNDERSTANDING IS FIBROIDS DONT EXCRETE FLUID.
WAS YOUR POLYP IN THE WALL OF YOUR UTERUS ?
HE HAS DONE DIFFERENT TEST BUT BECAUSE WE CANT SEE IT BECAUSE OF ITS LOCATION HE FEELS IT SHOULD
COME OUT. WE HAVE A HISTORY OF CANCER IN MY FAMILY. IF YOU DONT MIND TELLING ME, WHERE ARE YOU IN YOUR TREATMENT KNOW ?
Unread 01-15-2007, 09:21 AM

I had my hyst because the fibroids were pressing on my bladder. In the pathology they found that I had a polyp in my cervix and 2 polyps in the uterus wall, in addition to all the fibroids. All of the polyps were benign, and my doctor said that the polyps are relatively common, and usually not a problem.

I think since the fibroids and polyps are both in the wall of the uterus, they can be difficult to distinguish. And usually the polyps are smaller, so like my mine, they aren't seen when the fibroids are so big.

I hope your polyp/fibroid is ok, most likely it is benign.
Unread 01-15-2007, 09:39 AM

Good Morning

First question: It was in the muscle. Before the procedure on November 28 to remove the fibroid and the fluid filled "polyp", some of the doctors thought it was a polyp but because it was in the muscle, others thought it was a strange fibroid. In the end, they just referred to it as "the mass in a fluid filled sac". Even after the initial operation (but before the biospy was back from pathology), the gyn didn't think it was anything to be concerned about. But they were wrong

Second question: I'm home recovering from a hysterectomy. The surgery was Jan 4 and I came home on Jan 6. My staples will be removed on Thursday. Hurray!!!!

There may be small adjustments to my treatment, but at the moment, I believe we will take the observation only approach. During surgery, they removed many lymph nodes. All came back clear.

Before I left the hospital, the surgeon stopped by with the final path report - Stage 1b (in the muscle wall but less than 50% invasion) Grade 1. It was the best news I could have received.

Do you live somewhere where there are gyn-oncologist? Why not ask your doctor to send your results to one and ask for another opinion? If the oncologist thinks it is worrisome, then together you can figure out the best treatment plan.

For me, not knowing was much worse than knowing. Please let me know how it goes. Hystersisters is filled with great people and lots of support.

Take care and give yourself a big

Lyn

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway