ovarian cyst/pelvic mass | Separate Surgeries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovarian cyst/pelvic mass ovarian cyst/pelvic mass

Unread 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM
ovarian cyst/pelvic mass

Hi. I am new here. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on July 25, 2006 an hour after the csection birth of my 4th child and tubal ligation. They had expected placenta accreta, but I did not have it. Instead AFTER doing a tubal and closing me up I had a severe uterine rupture/hemerrhage one hour post partum. I ended up losing the uterus cervix and one ovary.
Now 6 months later, I am in pain. Gas, intermittant cramping and diarrhea, and terrible chronic lowback pain for 3+ months. I also have abdominal and pelvic pain. I had a pelvic/abdominal CT w/ contrast that showed a 3.5 cm cyst on my (only left) ovary. I had an ultrasound two days later showed in was a "complex, hemorrhagic cyst" 4.6cm in diameter. I am in constant pain and its affecting my quality of life. OB wants me to wait 4-6 weeks to see if it resolves on its own. I don'y know if I can make it. I am still a bit worried about it being ovarian cancer. The docs seem to be overly conservative because I have a lot of scar tissue which would complicate laparoscopic surgery. Am I doing the right thing just waiting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2007, 12:43 PM
ovarian cyst/pelvic mass

Tk-

I have been dealing with since mid October. Returned to work and for the 1st time in my life developed a cyst. I have had good weeks (3) and occasional days without pain but more than not I am in pain.

Had a surgical consult this morning to discuss 'looking around' and removing some scar tissue with maybe the one ovary. Dr said in passing BC Pills to control ovarian function. It was like a light bulb went on! So, I don't have other risk factors that would preclude me from taking them, I am going to see if this helps. I hated BC pills when I was young because of break through bleeding but that isn't an issue anymore. I figure if it stops the pain, I pretty know its the ovary. If it doesn't stop the pain, it could still be the ovary but I wonder if this pain is endo.

If you are worried about waiting, you could seek out a second opinion.

Can I offer a suggestion? Track your pain. Sounds hmmm maybe like a pity file but I found it showed for me a pattern and also that I did acknowledge spells of no pain (so Dr doesn't think I'm nuts). Find a way that works for you. I just did a calendar page and noted each day. I use a dot for minor pain, a star for significant pain, I circle it if I wake up in pain and note a time if it is later in the day. Maybe it sounds too detailed, just find what works for you.

Best wishes in your journey,

Julie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register