Will I get facial hair? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will I get facial hair? Will I get facial hair?

Unread 02-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Will I get facial hair?

Why do some women end up with mustaches after they go through menopause? How does one avoid it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Will I get facial hair?

Some women do get facial hair, and some don't. A lot depends on your hormonal balance. If you have too much testosterone compared to estrogen, you could get increased facial hair. I got more fine blonde hair on my face after the surgery. It's not that noticeable to other people but it drives me crazy!

I see you haven't had surgery yet. You may want to start investigating your options of HRT, if you are able to take it, and discuss it with your doctor before your surgery. This is a great site. I would suggest reading it over. I don't know how to connect you to all the good preop links but I'm sure one of the other ladies can.

Good luck!
Unread 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Will I get facial hair?

Marty,
Well, I have always had facial hair. It is light and blonde so not too noticeable. I have not noticed any changes since surgical menopause. Would be nice if it just disappeared.

I do not recall seeing anything that said women develop mustaches after menopause. Sounds like an old wives tale to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Will I get facial hair?

I think some of it is genetic. As my Mom has grown older, and is long past menopause, she has developed thicker, coarser hair on her chin. I'm starting to notice the same thing with me! The difference between Mom and me, however, is that she never had a hyst and went through natural menopause without any hrt, and I had a complete hyst and do take hrt.

I can't quite figure it out, but the tweezer and occasional waxing have become necessary remedies!

's
Unread 02-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Tweezers Are My New Best Friend

At about age 55, after my early non-surgical menopause at 41, I started developing a few thick, stiff white hairs on my chin and more noticeable blond downy hair there, too.

This is very common postmenopause and happens even if you continue to use estrogen as I have. I'm a brownette with fair skin and very little body hair so I don't think there is anything to prevent this happening.
Unread 02-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Will I get facial hair?

Hi, I'm 29 and I have almost a full mustache and beard. Black and corse, I tweese and wax, but it seems never ending. My doctor said it was from the polycystic ovaries, but it seems to be getting thicker after the hysterectomy. I thought the hormones would lighten it up. I really hate it, but it's kindof stuck with me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register