I am amazed - $3.00 cure for Hotflashes | No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am amazed - $3.00 cure for Hotflashes I am amazed - $3.00 cure for Hotflashes

Unread 02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I am amazed - $3.00 cure for Hotflashes

I recently made the decision to taper down from ERT (Menest 1.25 mg) I went to see a Holistic doctor who advised me to try Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. ACV was not new to me as I had heard it had lots of healing properties. Important note: Heinz is not ACV.

You can go to GNC and purchase the unfiltered, unpasteurized pure Bragg ACV for about $2.99 +tax. I mix 1 tbsp of ACV with 2 tbsp of water and have drank it morning - noon and night for the past week. I haven't had a hot flash since taking it and I actually feel energized. If you suffer from heartburn, it also works amazingly well for that also.

I've always taken vitamins but she suggested I try the Women's Ultra Mega without iron and iodine, (Also sold at GNC - 90 capsules for $16.99) so I've started taking those in place of the vitamins I was taking. I prefer without iron as iron has a constipating tendency.

It seemed so far-fetched to me, but after trying it and doing research on the internet about the healing properties of ACV I'm truly amazed and wanted to share it with you all. She also mentioned that I will probably notice a lost in weight as time goes on. I can honestly say the bloating is getting better. Who would have thought a $3.00 cure for so many ailments.

Here is what my research found about ACV:

Helps Remove Body Toxins * Helps Promote a Youthful Body *Helps support a healthy immune system * Helps Maintain Healthy Skin * Helps Control Weight * Improves Digestion and Assimilation * Soothes Tight and Aching Joints and Sore Muscles from exercise * Soothes irritated skin.

I'll keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2007, 09:03 AM

Wow! Thanks for the info Universalwriter - I think I'll head over to GNC on my lunch break and see if they have any and give it a try!
Unread 02-09-2007, 01:07 PM

I would like to add that ACV is also excellent for your pet birds, you add it to their water and it helps them absorb vitamins better, and just helps there overall health!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2007, 02:32 PM

It's also an amazing way to lower your cholestral. I had this problem and my family dr. told me about it. It actually worked for me.. I went from 205 to 160 in 6 months by using it twice a day.
Unread 02-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Sounds like it is worth a try, Does it come in a pill form or do you have to drink it? How does it taste?
Unread 02-09-2007, 04:21 PM

I've only seen it in liquid form...I buy it at GNC. It doesn't taste that great, but if you drink it fast, not much to worry about.
Unread 02-10-2007, 08:39 AM

It does come in pill form. (GNC) I read an article somewhere on the net (?) from a dentist who said "while it is a miracle cure for many ailments, there is a tendency that with long term use there is evidence that it affects the tooth enamel" - no doubt from the acid. I believe this is why it's produced in pill form. For this reason some drink it with a straw (it's only 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp of water - such a small amount) - some mix 1/4 tsp of baking soda in it to reduce the acidity. I
purchased a 16 oz. bottle and when that's gone I think I'll switch to the pills, but I have to admit I have felt so good since usng it. I follow it up with a little honey and you will get use to the taste.

I've noticed many benefits since starting to use it. My urine is clear in the morning - I guess the PH balance in my body is being restored by it. I have less bloating - I guess due to the PH being restored in my intestines, and I have no more heartburn.

I've started adding it to my cat's water bowl. I want them to benefit as well.

Stay in touch. I'd like to know if it helps others as well.
Unread 02-10-2007, 12:34 PM

Will any Apple Cider Vinegar work or does it have to come from a health food store? Do the pills work as well as the liquid? Thanks.
Unread 02-10-2007, 12:35 PM

An after thought--it doesn't happen to help the big "O" does it?
Unread 02-10-2007, 03:19 PM

I've not seen it in pill form at my GNC, think I'll go by there tomorrow and see if they have any.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register